Monday, August 31, 2009

Mr Independent

Adam has started brushing his hair, and ours, which is more like banging the brush on the back of the head. He also loves to help me unload the dishwasher onto the floor where he will play with a spoon and bowl, pretending or eat (or sending me a hint). Recently I've been giving him some utensils along with meals and this is what usually happens...

Careful attention to scooping precious food.
Hmm, tastes good (my favorite black bean puree)
Ok, that worked, but let me try my hands for greater mass movement.
Oh much better.
But what if I cut out the middle man and went straight to the source?Now we're talking.
Had it right the first time.
Now I'll toss these useless utensils to the side and stick with what I know.

Victory.
Full Belly.

Now YOU get to clean me (and the floor) up. Good luck!

Happy Birthday Gigi!

9 comments:

Araksya Kennard said...

I love the pictures how they show the sequence and I love the last ones where he totally shows his "victory"!!

noelle said...

and i love that his bib says 'super'. sorta says it all, no?

La Familia Young said...

Hahahaha... but he's soooo cute! At least he's one and already trying to use a spoon... Camilla would not even pay attention to any utensil til about 3 months ago. She would just use her hands. I must say she got pretty good at it! Slowly but surely, we've been practicing with the spoon.. and we're finally getting somewhere. So there's always hope. :)

BiblioBags said...

So stinkin' cute!

BiblioBags said...

So stinkin' cute!

lindsey gruwell said...

haa, skip the spoon because that would slow the process of getting the food to the mouth. And wow, what a mess you have to clean..that's when you take him outside and use the hose.

Unknown said...

Who needs utensils when you have fingers and hands and tongues to get the best of the morsels?

Sherilyn and Donovan said...

That is awesome!! He is so cute, I love the last picture!!

Sarah (and a few others) said...

Oh, I love the Victory picture!