Although Shannon can't wait to return to school, I'd like to think she's had some fun this summer.
Eating S'mores. This summer the Hodgens' have identified 3 forms of S'mores. 1) Roasted, or the origionals as we call them. 2) Microwave, aka suburbs, and 3) S'more poptarts, aka city slickers. We have sampled all 3 and you can't beat the origional, but the others will do in a pinch.
Home improvement. Shannon's been a wonderful assistant, helping me give some old furniture a "couture" look.
Swimming. Thank heavens our subdivision has a pool. Although its a mini production to get the kids there by myself, both kids now have a farmers tan as a result of their surfer bathing suits. It's so much easier than worrying about their shoulders and backs burning. Adam's arm rolls have a lovely white crease that draws attention from the ladies.
I should have known that goggles would get Shannon to finally put her face in the water. She's amazed that there's a whole new world under the surface.
Adam's not too impressed with the pool. Probably the frustration of , "Oh, whats that?" followed by a face plant into the water. He repeats it until he cries and we go home.
Zoo. Acting like a flamingo at the zoo passes the hot summer days.
Dance Class. Our talented friend, Sherilyn teaches a dance class once a week for the girls. Shannon then talks about it for the next 6 days.
Until Next Year...Au Revoir Summer.

6 comments:
"she definitely has my feet". cracking UP over here. hilarious. she is so fun!!! i wanna hang with her. why oh why can't we be closer??
Such cute kids! I think it is funny that Adam keeps sticking his face in the water at the pool. Ashton does the same thing. It makes her so unhappy, but she just keeps doing it. :P
Shannon definitely looks like she can become a good dancer. I love her postures. Melissa, I think you should post your picture next to Shannon with your feet turned out!!
I had a good laugh at Shannon's last picture with the sunglasses!
Can't get over that last picture. Ohh shanny, you kinda look like a rock star on top, and an old lady with the shoes/sock combo. Sounds like she had a fun summer! And shannon does have your weird feet...nope not something you passed onto me through your bone marrow :)
She's a natural dancer, I can see. And you are so very brave to allow her to help you paint. I need to let go a bit and include my kids in projects. Maybe Clay's OCD is contagious?
LOVE the pics, y'all always have so much fun (or at least it looks like it lol) And I admit I have a rather unhealthy appreciation for S'more poptarts. Original s'more typically become marshmallow and graham cracker because I'm a chocolate thief. At least the chocolate is safely contained w/the poptart version.
Shannon is going to be a beautiful dancer!
Post a Comment