Sunday, August 23, 2009

The best laid plans...

How does that saying go?


It was to be a wonderful week...Shannon was trilled to be starting school again and I had a list a mile long of things I was to get done while she was away learning and Adam was taking his morning nap. Monday morning was a reminder that all was not a yellow brick road as I scooted Shannon from getting dressed to eating, reminding her that it wasn't summer anymore and that we had to move it, or be spit spot (her words, not her actions). Managed to snap a few photos and it was off to school and Adams' 1 year check up (progress report to follow this week).Cute hair, huh? What I HAD accomplished before the comb "attacked her" and cause the previous post.Tuesday...off to school, spit spot. Just as I was baking banana bread and chatting with my sister about her crashed computer, I get a call from the preschool letting me know that Shannon has a fever and is wrapped up in a blanket in the principles office. But I was being so productive...guess I'll have to cancel grocery shopping and that trip to Hobby Lobby for fear of Shannon blowing chunks in the fabric department.


Next two days spent with this bundle of joy.Talk to the hand. Can't believe we already have a 50% absentee record. Not quite the week I had hoped for, but tomorrow is a new day and the world is my oyster. For my sanity, I've gotta get out more this week and based on my calendar, I shouldn't have any problems filling that need.

8 comments:

lindsey gruwell said...

haa, so I know what everyone does on Sunday..blog. well I wish you a week of success, no sickness, and many hours of Adam sleeping time. Oh, and shannon's hair looks cute.

Christi said...

Her hair did look really cute. SO sad she had to miss. Another week starts tommorow :)

Araksya Kennard said...

Melissa, let me know if you need help.
That's so great that you manage to take pictures even when the things aren't going well. Good job!

Dana said...

She looked really good that day though! And I hope that you got more accomplished, because let face it when you get anything "done" around the house with kids home its an ACCOMPLISHMENT!

noelle said...

haha. i second dana's comment. and how i love shannon. she's got spunk and pizazz. all girls should be so cool.

and in response to your comment on my blog... we moved to save more money (our previous residence was one of the poshest places in mexico city), be closer to bruce's work (as it can often take 45 minutes to go 1 1/2 miles), and so we'd be closer to this club where we signed b up for futbol. so when are you coming to visit?????

Beth Davis said...

Shannon just looks like she makes life fun!!! She is hilarious and I just love your posts about her. I hope she's feeling better:-)

The Hall's said...

Well...she does look cute. Too bad her first day went so poorly.

However, thanks for sharing your stomach bug through cyberspace. I didn't know you could do that, but apparently someone with talent like you can! :) We've been having fun here the last few days with both kids. I don't know that even the best handwashing techniques will spare Jeff and I from getting it!

Sepp said...

Poor little Miss Shannon. I hope that she is feeling better. We miss you guys.