Shannon's favorite food is pesto gnocci, behind refined sugar of course. Our basil finally took off, just in time for us to use up our last frozen pack of pesto. Shannon's been a wonderful helper lately and made a fresh batch of pesto from start to finish. She picked and cleaned the basil, threw everything in the food processer, gave it a whirl, and then ate and ate and ate.
Here she is pressing a pile of pesto onto her pesto pasta because apparently I didn't add enough. Not only do we have we made traditional pesto, but Steve also bought me a lemon basil plant, which make I lighter, less strong pesto that even Steve will eat.
If you drop in you might just end up eating a big bowl of pesto, as the freezer is filling quickly and we'll be chowing down on fresh pesto all winter long!

2 comments:
The day you run out of pesto will be a sad day in the hodgen house because I know how much you and shannon love it. You eat too many carrots you turn orange..what about to much pesto since it is a request every meal? Ohh and that facatta bread looks delicious!
Look at Shannon cooking! So cute! Isn't it wonderful to pick up something from your own garden and then eat it?? I just made my first zucchini bread.. the zucchini came from our small garden.. I must say, pretty good stuff! Hey, happy b-day to Adam too! He's so cute.. Oh the trash can and toilet bit.. yep, we are there too :)
Post a Comment