Unless you mess with their snuggly bear or givem' their 1 year shots.
And this is a BIG BOY!
(mean Mommy...I attempted to take away snuggly bear to get a better shot of his copious amounts of chubb)I hate going to the doctors office. 2 hours of attempting to keep my 28 pound (96%) 1 year old from diving head first onto the germy linoleum. Then holding down this 32 inch (96%) now toddler (who still doesn't walk...mixed blessing) while he received 4 shots into his thunder thighs.
Even though I knew I could wash it, I just couldn't bring myself to take snuggly bear along for he trip. I've mentioned her in previous posts but I don't think I adequately painted a picture for you of the intense attachment that my little man has for this thing.
Meet the thing we refer to as Snuggly Bear, which is actually Dottie the Cat, a pink stuffed cat head attached to a pink pocka dot blanket made by Gund at the turn of the century. It was originally given to Shannon, but when Adam was a baby and would only go to bed if he was holding your finger, I threw this toy in his crib one night out of desperation. 
Mercifully, he went to sleep, but I thought nothing of the possibilities for the future of this toy because Shannon has only been moderately attached to various items and only for short amounts of time. Continuing on with his pattern of being the yin to Shannon's yang, Adam will pull it out of his crib (between the bars), then tote it around in his mouth. He often "kisses" it, or bites it when he's excited or feeling affection it (he does the same to me). 
I've scoured the Internet looking for another Dottie, only to learn it has been discontinued and the sole human selling it wants 40$ for it. Sorry little dude, if you lose this thing, you're going to have to learn one of life's hard lessons early = supply and demand. I've attempted to slide in a very nice, gender neutral, snuggly bear from Target, but he wants nothing to do with it.
I've scoured the Internet looking for another Dottie, only to learn it has been discontinued and the sole human selling it wants 40$ for it. Sorry little dude, if you lose this thing, you're going to have to learn one of life's hard lessons early = supply and demand. I've attempted to slide in a very nice, gender neutral, snuggly bear from Target, but he wants nothing to do with it.

11 comments:
Oh my goodness, he is SO cute! I love his rolls. I wish Ashton had more rolls. Could ya send some of those our way. :P
how does that song go?
"let it be... let it be..."
i say whatever works. let him have the pink germy mess. it could be worse. it really could be worse. and have i told you yet how much i love him? i do. i so do.
He is so cute. I love the photos with his snuggly. Real men wear (like) pink, right? Bummer that you can't find an identical back-up.
He is so adorable, I just want to grab him and kiss him all day. I am sorry he likes that thing so much, I only had to deal with the pacifier with Savannah, good luck! Sheridon was 95% for height and weight also!!
i don't think i have to tell you how darn cute that little guy is!!!! sweet. sweet.
snugglies are so fun as long as you don't lose them. good luck.
In my family everyone is IN LOVE with this cute, gorgeous boy!! I will be sad if his rolls go away...
Melissa, Adam is SO manly already, I don't think you should worry about loving the pink bear:))
Only 96 percentile? Lightweight :) I cannot imagine lugging him around. I don't know how you do it! Good thing he's cute with a great smile! I'll be seeing you guys next weekend right?
Remember how I "stole" your blanket? Well, Adam's just following my footsteps! Don't worry, once he starts school, he'll realize that he's not cool with the bear and get rid of it on his own. Ohh, and seriously here, you've got to wash that thing in my honor.
Don't even try to get a second snuggie. I got an IDENTICAL blanket for Sam and he can still tell the difference; I don't know how.
Adam is so cute- big boys are the best.
I always feel sad when I take my baby who is just sleeping through the night in to get shots. I still do it, even though I don't like it:(
He is the cutest dude EVER! And i love the pink blanky!
Post a Comment