Thankfully most of you will be spared the random events that occur during breakfast at the Hodgen house. Least you be curious, here's a recap of conversations that occurred this week.
Shannon: Mommy, can I wear my goggles when I get baptized?
Me: No Shannon. I was on a swim team by the time I was 8 so I think you'll be fine.
Shannon: Who will take care of me if you and Daddy die?
Me: Melanie and Zach. But I don't plan on going anywhere for a long time. I hope that one day you'll bring your kids to my house and I will be their grandma and give them lots of treats.
Shannon CRYING!!" If I have babies then I'll have to get a shot like you.
Me: If you don't what to have babies that's ok. I'll just play with Adam's kids.
Shannon: Ok, I don't want to have babies, but Adam can't have babies. He's a boy.
Me: I give up.
Next morning...
Shannon: Mommy, I had a nightmare last night. I dreamed Daddy ran over a guy named Go Away and the guy got mad and was doing not nice things to daddy. When the guy saw me he got scared because he didn't like little girls. So I punched him, kicked him as hard as I could, and grabbed his hand and bonked him from tree to tree because I was very upset with him.Me: No more Batman.

Later in the week
Background info: Shannon wandered off in Target and I was in a frantic mode for what felt like 20 minutes searching for her. I found her being led to customers' service by a kind lady, after which the post panic phase set in (relief, sweat, I'm so glad you're ok but now I'm going to get you, etc), so I threw everything in my basket onto a shelf and got out of there. As we were driving away I realized that Adam had a dollar bin toy in his hand. Dang. I'll have to go back and pay for that sometime, but not today.
When Steve talk to Shannon about her little stroll around Target, the following conversation ensued.
Shannon: Yes, mommy stole.
Steve: Why did Mommy steal?
Shannon: Because she forgot to pay.
Steve: Why did Mommy forget to pay?
Shannon: Some people forget and some people don't and Mommy FORGOT!
Steve: Did Mommy forget because she was frustrated about something?
Shannon: Yes, that she stole. 
This Morning
Shannon: Mom, you look pretty when your hair is in a ponytail. But right now it looks like a mud mouse.
Me: Shannon, what's a mud mouse?
Shannon: A mouse covered in mud. Duh!
Shannon: A mouse covered in mud. Duh!
Sometimes I wake up wondering if I'm awake enough to handle the conversations that are about to take place. Statistics show that families who eat together have children with lower delinquency rates. This must be why they call breakfast the most important meal of the day.

12 comments:
I love Shannon she is the funniest kid I have ever met, she makes me speechless sometimes.
That's awesome! You really shouldn't steal Melissa.:)
haa, oh shannon, what will she think of next? Love the mud mouse. And, why will shannon and adam not go to ME? I know, once I start having $ coming in. oh and right now I am stable..got a ton of $ here at home, they will be well taken care of here! oh and do you really go to breakfast that often? How do you have time to do that and get shannon to school?
ohhhh, cracking UP over here!!!! hysterical. love that girl.
She sounds like a riot! What a funny kid!
Thanks Melissa for sharing this! That cracked me up, and I am laughing loudly!!! Shannon is too smart!
LOL! I love that Shannon. She cracks me up when she comes to visit. Every time she comes into Primary she runs up and gives me a hug . . . I miss her! :)
Oh my goodness Melissa! She is so funny!
This was hillarious! I must tell you I read it right after I had woken up (which means I was still in zombie mode), and this totally brought me back to the real world! What a funny kid! But she is such a C-U-T-I-E! Good for you and making her a nice breakfast in the am! I do the same for Camilla. And that way I get a nice breakfast for myself! Loved this post!
Ha ha! I use to run away from my mom in stores. And 80% of moms report that they have left the store without paying for an item.
Love the Shannon comments! Breakfast sounds pretty entertaining around your house!
Can't believe you're a shoplifter though.... :) Glad you found Shannon though!
It kills me that I've never met your kids. We really need to fix that!
She is so FUNNY! Definetly has her mom's sense of humor!
Post a Comment