Saturday, July 11, 2009

8 is Great

I've been gone since the beginning of May...1st Rosemary Beach, 2nd Pittsburgh, 3rd Memphis. Although Steve enjoyed sleeping in, I could tell he was missing us more and more by the day. With our 8th anniversary around the corner, Steve orchestrated a surprise for me in an effort to get some undivided attention. After moving over the past 10 days, I was ready for a break from the boxes and clutter.

We drove 45 minutes south of Birmingham to a farming town called Vincent where the Blue Springs Manor (a bed and breakfast) proved to be removed enough for me to finally chill.
We enjoyed 24 hours of putt putting, walking to the spring, swimming, etc. In Steve's continuing efforts t0 be a cheese snob, he ordered a fruit and cheese platter (also appealing to the French descendant in me), which allowed us to skip dinner and continue enjoying the great our doors.
Breakfast was yummo (especially since I didn't have do clean up afterwards)
Steve has always been wonderful at surprises. When asked what I would grab if the house caught on fire, many of the treasures high on my list were from Steve (topping the list - Shannon and Adam). I was so thrilled with my surprise that I woke up extra early on Father's Day and made Steve and blackberry peach coffee cake, which Shannon renamed an orange juice cake because we were eating with orange juice, not coffee.

6 comments:

Christi said...

Sounds and looks like fun! Congrats on the anniversary. Where did you move?

Sherilyn and Donovan said...

What a great husband. I would be surprised if Donovan ever could pull something like that off without me knowing about it. Looks like it was fun!

Araksya Kennard said...

It looks fun! You deserved a good rest and fun. It's been so long since I have seen you. When are you coming back? I am making ice-cream right now!!!

noelle said...

sweet steve. he is good to you. and you are a good wifey! blackberry peach orange juice cake. i want in on that action!!

lindsey gruwell said...

Glad you were able to get away for the weekend together(w/o the kids!)I agree, blackberry peach coffee cake-sounds amazing. Waking up and waiting, during the wee hours of the morning for it to finish, was very sweet of you!

Unknown said...

How wonderful to get away and that place looks beautiful. Congrats on 8 years!