Monday, March 23, 2009

Crash and Burn

Crash, burn, code blue, DOA (dead on arrival)...words that went though my mind as we tried to resuscitate our hard drive. In the end, there was nothing we could do but mourn the fact that I hadn't backed up the hard drive since before Adam was born. I might have one picture of his birth floating somewhere in cyber space, but I can't think too much about it because it's depressing. Oh, not to mention Steve's school files and all my recipes. So to make it up to Adam I've tried to take tons of pics to prove he was not adopted (because I know there will be days when he swears he is). This also explains my two week hiatus from blogging as I was without computer/Internet. You'd think I'd have some deceleration of how many books I read since I didn't have the constant temptation of Internet, but it's so much longer to do things (like locate an address or find a movie time) without the web that life is much easier now that I'm "logged on".St Patty's DayI usually do a traditional feast of Irish Brown Bread, Corned beef and potatoes, finished off with bread pudding, but Adam's been a little demanding lately and we ended up with corned beef sandwiches and potato chips. My sweet visiting teachers made me some chocolate clover suckers, which we had for dessert.Hmm, who does this child remind me of? Oh yeah, me.
Happy Birthday to Me
I turned the big 29 on March 20th. My best bud Araksya planned a week ahead of time and made me a feast! Mexican food (my fav), homemade whole wheat bread (No one makes it like she does) and chocolate molten cakes (filled with chocolate, caramel, and mine had peanut butter...does this girl know me or what?)Shannon loved the dinner (even Adam ate some) and gave it 2 thumbs way up. It was so good and no dishes to clean! After I botched the directions on my own cake, I called Steve and had him pick up a slice of caramel cake at a local German bakers. Then Chelsea brought me some homemade hot fudge sauce and ice cream. I was spoiled!
After seeing what I ate this weekend, I'd better stop complaining about those extra pounds I'm having a hard time loosing. Maybe I'll just embrace them. Pass the leftovers.

Adam continues to progress gastronomically...he's added a sippy cup to his already full meal plan. Painting Party
What do you do for a friend having their 3rd girl? Help paint the nursery. It was a good excuse to get some girl time and practicing my painting skills on someone else's wall.


No turning back now.

Moving right along

No ladder necessary for the shorty

Since I was at the party, there had to be food.
Orange Cranberry Pull Apart

Ham and Cheese Crepes


Now that I have a computer, I will fulfill my promise to blog more.

11 comments:

Angie said...

I'm sorry about your computer:( Good thing you blog and have a lot of pictures on your blog!! Happy Birthday!!! And my rule is you can eat anything when your pregnant or nursing:) Eat up!!!

Dana said...

Happy Birthday~! I was wondering where you ran off to. So sorry about your pictures, that breaks my heart. We have an external harddrive that we back things up on sometimes I just hate how dependant I am going computers. He sure is a cutie!

Araksya Kennard said...

It's always fun to be around you! Looks like you didn't hurt for dessert on your birthday!

dishka said...

Aww man, sorry about the hard drive. Did you have a pro look at it? I could ask Joe if he has time to see if he can recover your files. He knows I'd be devistated losing baby pics, so I'm sure he wouldn't mind. Just lmk.
Also, Happy Birthday!! Glad you got to have all of your favorites!

TheFieldings said...

you may not recognize my name, but Steve will. We served together in Brazil. If you haven't got someone looking at it yet, you can send me the hard drive and I can try and recover the data. I've done it a time or two for others.

Rick Fielding
ricosalv@gmail.com

noelle said...

so many tidbits - the picture fiasco. it is sad, but at least you have your blog and you can make it into a book like with blurb.com.

happy, happy birthday!!!! it's been 15 years since our infamous "perfect guy" poster...

painting for a baby shower - i like!

and the crepes - i want!

love you and miss you.

Micaela said...

Oh my goodness Melissa, how horrible! I am so sorry! I was having nightmares of that happening recently so now I am more determined than ever to back things up! Happy birthday!

lindsey gruwell said...

I'm glade that you had a great birthday! And so much good food! Love the St. Patrick pictures. See ya soon!

Sherilyn and Donovan said...

I am sorry that I missed out on your birthday celebration. Happy Belated birthday. You are a ray of sunshine, I am glad that you moved into this area!!

Beth Davis said...

I knew our birthdays were close!!! Happy belated birthday!!!!

The Hall's said...

I just want to cry thinking about the loss of all those pictures!

Happy Birthday! I love ya tons!