I appreciate all the calls and voices of concern on behalf of my youngest sister Lindsey. For those of you who haven't had the privilege of meeting Lindsey, she's amazing.
At age 9 she was first diagnosed with leukemia. At age 14 she relapsed. This past week she entered St Jude hospital for her 3rd, and final relapse. Once we get this kid into remissions, she's going straight to bone marrow transplant. While the shock and sadness hasn't worn off, Lindsey's attitude has rallied us all. We can't wait to get in, beat this thing, and be done forever!
We went to Memphis as soon as we could and thought you'd like to see some pics of how Lindsey is doing. Also, Lindsey has a blog so you can track her progress and leave her words of encouragement.
http://lindseyatstjude.blogspot.com/
Here's her new address
Target House 1
Lindsey Gruwell
Room 200
1811 Poplar Ave
Memphis, TN 38104
Bracelet Buddies!
With my medical record number and bracelet, I'm now and official St Jude patient. I'm so honored and humbled to be her bone marrow donor.
Shannon was able to play with an old Memphis buddy, who is now fighting her own battle with neuroblastoma. We can't wait to see them again on our next visit. Keep up the good work Emma (and Kerie).
St Jude is such an amazing place. It's one of the few places that you feel the spirit. Everything is 100% geared towards the kids. They have these cute wagons for them to ride in, which was a big help not to have to carry around 25 pounds of pure Adam love.
Check out this cafeteria. I didn't even get a shot of the ice cream parlor. I'll have save that for the next visit.
Adam ate enough mac and cheese and baked beans to last a lifetime. I'm going through BBQ withdrawals. Thank goodness we're heading back in 9 days.

9 comments:
Oh WOW! Your family is in my prayers. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help. What an awesome sister you are to be her bone marrow donor, not that I would expect anything less :)
i know that's a painful process but worth every second. best of luck with everything. we will be thinking of your family.
You guys are such a good example of staying positive even during the hard times. We will keep you guys in our prayers.
I love your family!! And I soo love the ode to Twilight shot.
You're such a positive person Melissa!
thanks for the link. love you so much. love you, too, linds.
I hope everything goes well!! I'm so glad you are a perfect match:)
Thanks for sharing all the updates. Everyone in Signal Mtn. is thinking and praying for you guys. Lindsey is definitely brave, and so are you. Thanks for being such good examples. Let me know if there's anything we can do.
BTW . . . Adam is 25 pounds?! He weighs more than Charlie!
Thanks for sharing...I had no idea. As always, you are all so positive and I never cease to be amazed by all of you. Especially Lindsey. Hope all goes well. LOVE YOU TONS! I'm praying for and thinking of all of you.
I love the Twilight thing. I am sorry that she is going through that again, I am amazed at how well she is handling it all! You are awesome to give her your bone marrow! I am glad that you are in my life now, you are such a ray of sunshine every time I am around you!
Post a Comment