I've toyed with the idea of becoming a member of the "daring baker" society...until Araksya and I attempted to make a tres leches cake for our VT b-day. IT WAS INSANITY!
1st - The cake took twice as long to bake as it insurrections suggested and it still wasn't completely finished. However, the top was too brown and ended up being cut off.
2nd - The "tres leches" were too much for the cake to soak up.
Oh well...we poured the excess on top of the piece we removed from the cake...mmm.
3rd - Getting the cake out of the pan. With all that sticky liquid, the cake was suctioned to the bottom of the pan. I gained a few bruises on my knuckles as Araksya pounded the pan.
But if FINALLY came out!
4th - The frosting. It required a mixer over the stove.
2nd - The "tres leches" were too much for the cake to soak up.
Oh well...we poured the excess on top of the piece we removed from the cake...mmm.
3rd - Getting the cake out of the pan. With all that sticky liquid, the cake was suctioned to the bottom of the pan. I gained a few bruises on my knuckles as Araksya pounded the pan.5th - Frosting the cake was impossible to do without getting it all over you. I found some in my hair!

6 comments:
so you know what makes me really happy? you're blogging more!!! :)
as for the cake fiasco, only you would have persevered. i've always admired your baking fortitude. i would have loved to be shannon. yummy.
as for all your twilight references... me oh my. just makes me smile. :)
Wow, you are dedicated. I would have given up with the brown top. It's hard to ever make something again when it turns out bad, so I hope that it tasted good.
The cake turned out yummy though, and I had tons of fun making and sampling it with you and Shannon!!
This is exactly why I don't cook - it takes too long, things go wrong, and then you have a big mess to clean up! My hatred for cooking is just getting worse as I get older. My poor kids....
ohh so here's the famous cake that you've told me about. Ohh wow, that does look like a long process. way to go.
Love all the new posts. I am going to have to get my act together and start snapping more photos. The cake looked delicious. Did you even get to taste it after all that work?
Post a Comment