Saturday, March 7, 2009

The many names of Adam

Noelle was so excited that I was blogging more, it gave me that little burst I needed to post yet again. I want to be more like her and post a little everyday as opposed to my weekly recaps, but less face it, my life has never been as noteworthy or exciting as hers.

For example, last night, at 3 am as I was trying to get Adam back to sleep, several names for him flew through my head.
1. Sibling stopper (self explanatory)

2. Slimer - We called Shannon Stinker because she had an abnormally large amount of gas as a child (until I cut out dairy). Next followed Aubrey, who was given the name Slobbers (shortened from Slobbery Aubrey). So what could we call Adam? After being spit up on 3 times in 1 minute the name Slimer came to mind...an ode to Ghost Buster for the monster who spewed green slime on everyone and ate everything. All too appropriate.

3. Adar (a combination of Adam and Radar) Adam has a super human ability to know the precise moment that my head hits the pillow and my eyes close. Then, and only then, does he start crying. We did this dance about 5 times last night and I couldn't help but wonder what I had done to offend this kid?
4. Rooster - because his hair is spiky, he's up with the sun, and he squeals in his bed until everyone is awake.
But when you look at this giant beast I usually call my little man, how can you not help but fall in love?

5 comments:

Araksya Kennard said...

I love those pictures of Adam! He is such a gorgeous boy!

lindsey gruwell said...

ohh he's so cute. I agree with the last picture! Can't wait to see him in a couple weeks!

noelle said...

yay for more blogging! yes, your life is exciting!! this is why i check your blog almost every day. i must know what is going on. do you know how disheartening it is to click on "melissa and steve" and see nothing new??

Stacy Fusitua' said...

Don't we all want to be like Noelle!! Love ya Noey! I just love love love Adams spiky hair!

The Hall's said...

You crack me up! I loved this post! Adam is so cute. Must I say that "the sibling stopper" is one of my favorite nicknames...mostly because I've had very similar feelings! Although, it sounds like Adam is doing far worse sleeping at night. I'm so sorry...I feel for ya. I'll stop whining with the amount Alyssa gets up right now!