Tuesday, April 15, 2008

My Latest Obsessions

When I read my friends blogs, some of my favorite entries are about the random things they now love…so I thought I’d give you a glimpse into my world.

Cheap Mexican restaurants (if you can call them restaurants). The places where they barely speak English, the portions are huge and the prices are cheap. The latest addition to these fabulous establishments is a salsa bar where I can try various flavors and levels of heat, as well as get as much cilantro and limes as I desire. If you’re in the Atlanta area visiting the temple El Taco Velos is a must. In Chattanooga Taco Roc is a place I treat myself to every OB appointment.
Intervention and No Reservations. Despite the fact that the writers strike is over, I have yet to see any new episodes of my favorite shows. So, I’ve returned to my old standby...reality TV. Intervention, Mondays on A&E, is a disturbing look into the lives and families of those struggling with addiction. If you have every heard someone say, “It’s my life” or “I’ll just try it once”, make them watch this show. No Reservations, on the travel channel, follows Anthony Borday as he travels across the world, seeing and eating things off the beaten path. His latest adventure into Singapore showed bone soup in a sweet and sour sauce…it looked like bones in blood. But, I love food and am intrigued by what other cultures view as a delicacy.
Do you think he looks like my brother in law Zach?Dark Chocolate (70% cacao). Maybe it’s because I’m getting older and my taste buds are less sensitive, but milk chocolate now tastes waxy. Plus all the recent positive effects of dark chocolate have only helped to justify my indulgence. Target. Without a Costco near by, I’ve been forced to find alternative modes of cheap, quality shopping. I seriously get my clothes, Shannon’s clothes, note cards, food, etc at my one stop shop.

3 comments:

noelle said...

target, dark chocolate. also some of my faves. cheap mexican restaurants. i don't know... never thought... but hey, i should start getting my digestive system ready for the rampage it may experience from accidental ingestion of mexican tap water. why not. i'll try it.

Anonymous said...

Creepy - that guy does look like Zach in 30 years, it was like staring into my future! And what's even weirder is that Zach loves food, dreams about traveling the world for the perfect meal. I think he and Anthony are soul mates. And milk chocolate is waxy and target is the BEST. I took a 2 hour trip there today.

noelle said...

hey preggo, so have you started reading twilight yet? you need to. i'm pretty sure you'll want to add it to your "latest obsession" list, too... seriously. just do it. give in!