Wednesday, April 23, 2008

CAMP HODGEN

Since reading Curious George Goes Camping, Shannon has been obsessed with the idea. Steve, being the wonderful father he is, pitched a tent in the front yard, made a fire in the outdoor fireplace, and took Shannon on an “experimental” camping trip. Shannon helped the entire hour it took to put up the tent (it’s been a while since we’d read the instructions) and helped roast her hot dog. We honestly thought it would get dark, she’d get tired, and then cry about wanting to go home…just the opposite.

Unfortunately it started raining after midnight. Shannon must not have remembered this because she woke up in her bed crying that she had wanted to sleep in the tent. I’m pretty proud of my princess and maybe we’ll venture farther than the front yard next trip.

5 comments:

noelle said...

what a great dad! i like that you guys camped in the front yard versus the back yard... too cute.

lindsey gruwell said...

awh, she is a tough girl! That was so cute seeing her running around the tent. Ohh and I won't forget about "my room" since I'll be visiting you guys!

Angie said...

Fun!! We camped in our backyard last summer and we lasted all night!! It was fun, no fire though, we don't have an outdoor fire pit. I'm bummed that our husbands are hanging out and that we don't even get to see each other :( Soon, right!!???

Micaela said...

Love the fireplace pic!

Unknown said...

Totally awesome fun!! Camping rocks!! I'm so glad she enjoyed it and Steve was so willing to go along with her interests! That will mean a lot to her in the future.