Monday, April 28, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY STEVE


Steve often gets overlooked, so I thought today, being his 30th birthday, I would dedicate a post entirely to how wonderful he is.

Patient
He’s married to me and he has a pink princess for a daughter…need I say more. Actually, I do…he’s in the Branch Presidency and although I know no details, I know he puts up with a lot of whining and criticism for a calling he was asked to do (and does a fabulous job at).

Steve was volunteered to be Captain Moroni

Helpful
No matter when the call comes, he’s more than willing to do all he can. He's the best and most loyal friend you'll ever have.
Steve cleaning up during Hurricane Katrina (in the middle of law school)

Wise
Steve is so good at helping you see a positive perspective in any situation. He helps you to understand different points of view. He's also our tech guru.

Steves' BYU graduation

Dreamer
I call Steve my “Clark Griswold” because he loves everything to be ideal. He gets so excited over various issues and his face reminds me of a kid at Christmas. Steve carves the Thanksgiving turkey

Hilarious
Dana once told me, “Steve’s so funny. You must laugh everyday.” And I do. I wish I could be as quick witted on my feet.

Steve samples the 3 pound burger

Steve and me at the Harry Potter release party


Dedicated
I never question Steve’s priorities because I see how he spends his time. I still get warm hearted when I see him playing polly pockets on the floor with Shannon, throwing rocks with her into the creek, or taking carrots to feed the horses. It’s a constant reminder of how lucky we are to have a man who understands the importance of being a father.

Uncomplicated

He appreciates the simple things...french toast, roller bladding, walks with his wife, cutting wood, reading classic novels, browsing through Costco, Best Buy ads, etc

Even after a long post, I still feel that I haven't done Steve justice. The short of it is...Steve is one in a million and we're all lucky to have him in our lives. Happy Birthday Steve!

7 comments:

Christi said...

Tell Captain Moroni Happy Birthday!!! Nice post.

Rachael Hutchings said...

Happy Birthday!

Unknown said...

How cool! Happy Belated Birthday Stevo!

Beth said...

What a sweet post. Hope the birthday was just as great!

lindsey gruwell said...

aww, that was so sweet! I agree with everything that you said. Hppy Birthday Steve! I hope that you had a great day.

Anonymous said...

happy THIRTIETH bday! I wish I could have been there to celebrate. Steve is a good catch and such a devoted father.

noelle said...

happy birthday, steve! you are definitely melissa's perfect match and we love you for it!