Sunday, July 13, 2008

Our 4th of July



With the 4th of July holiday, Steve had some time to get things more organized for our move…i.e. find housing and pack some junk, but we also had quality family time (long overdue). We went to the Aquarium solely to play in the water pools, rode the carousel, and had a daddy daughter date at Pump It Up.
When Rachael Ray came to Chattanooga for $40 A Day, she went to a place called Aretha Frankenstein’s. How was it that I had lived in Chattanooga mostly since I was 7 and never heard of this place? Steve got wind that they served huge pancakes and has been asking to go for years. Since it is a hole in the wall (we drove by it and didn’t see it the first time), you have to go on odd hours to avoid a wait. We went on a Wednesday at 10am and still waited for a while.
Since it was full inside, we sat on the porch...which was fortunate because this is how Shannon entertained herself.

The pancakes were huge, fluffy, and amazing.
Since we waited so long for the pancakes, we added another plate of 100% unhealthy eats…yum!


Shannon’s a year older now and finally LOVED the water fountains at Coolidge Park.
I’m really going to miss Chattanooga. Luckily it’s only 2.5 hours from Birmingham.

2 comments:

The Hall's said...

Those pancakes look heavenly! Were they as good as Rachel Ray said? I'm glad you guys got some family time.

Anonymous said...

mmm...i want to go to that pancake place! I'm glad you took in some good chattanoogan sites