Easter snuck up on us this year. I had wonderful activities planned to steer Shannon away from the Bunny and focus a little more on Christ. An unexpected car accident, and subsequent loss of a vehicle forced Steve and I to spend the days leading up the Easter (as well as my birthday) in Atlanta aimlessly searching for a “diamond in the rough.” After buying AND returning a car, we were a little discouraged Saturday night (a blog with more details to be posted soon). Thankfully we were reminded of the true meaning of Easter and how blessed we really are.
One of those blessing is a wonderful family who took care of Shannon so we wouldn’t have to expose her to the greasy world of used car salesmen. Going above and beyond they took her to an Easter egg hunt and made bunny cakes. Please note that in the South, an Easter Egg Hunt usually means you dress in your Sunday best. I don't understand or know why the day before Easter they run in the mud in their church clothes...but tradition is tradition. 
Shannon is AMAZED by her bunny cake
I couldn't resist putting this picture up. We had some friends over for Easter dinner and Shannon insisted on sitting next to the little boy. So, like an annoying parent, I took pictures and this was Shannon's reaction. Get used to it girl, it's a glimps into your future! Poor Steve is so busy and rarely gets a shout out on our blog, that I thought I would post a picture a fire he built and was so proud of.

5 comments:
I knew there was something wrong with Southerners! People from the North never do anything odd...or have odd traditions! J/K. I'm glad you had a good Easter despite the car troubles. Love ya!
So sorry to here about the car, how frustrating! Shannon always looks so full of personality. I think kids look so cute hunting for eggs in their Easter outfits, though I agree it's a little odd! Our hairbows are all from the only store within twenty minutes of our tiny town - Walmart (in the little kids/baby section). I hope you found a car you love, though nothing will ever be as cool as the Subaru neighbors at BYU!
Shannon makes the best pouty face, she is so YOU! And she looks really cute in her Easter dress.
It's an amazing quaility to be able to pick out the blessings through our trials- I admire you:-)
I also love Southern traditions! I hope JC doesn't think their too weird to keep in our own little family.
PS-
Shannon is too cute for her own good- watch out boys!!!
I can't believe how big she is getting! She is going to be such a babe! Steve had better start oiling that shotgun now...
Post a Comment