Quality Control Specialist
Shannon is becoming quite the culinary expert. She’s the only 3 year old I know that asks for pesto gnocchi for dinner (before you get too jealous, she refuses to eat veggies). She loves to help out in the kitchen, especially in the “quality control” division. Every morning we make Steve a sandwich for work and Shannon takes a few “
love bites” to make sure it’s good enough for daddy. I like to think it makes Steve smile during his lunch
minute. Anyways, due to the fact that Shannon LOVES to sample, I cringe every time she eats batter because of the raw eggs. A health nut in my ward introduced me to this recipe, which has no eggs or oil, and if it’s good enough for her, it’s good enough for me. Shannon will walk you through the steps.
Ingredients
1 box of chocolate cake mix
1 can of pumpkin
1 cup chocolate chips

Mix all ingredients until well incorporated. Spray a mini muffin pan with Pam. Spoon mixture evenly (I use a cookie scooper) into mini muffin tin. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until muffins set.

I love these because they are so moist, fudgy, and minimal guilt. (side note...Shannon styled herself for her debut)
9 comments:
She looks like a funny kid. Wish I could meet her.
We LOVE those muffins at our house! But we use Spice cake mix instead. I'll have to try the chocolate cake next time. You can freeze them too.
My kids always BEG for the beaters...I try and try to explain the dangers of raw eggs but do you think they care?? NO!
Oooh- ok, I'm a huge treat/junk food addict and I've sworn all treats off until JC gets home. I have to lose my last bit of baby fat that won't seem to go away. So this is what I've decided to do since going to the gym is the biggest hassle these days. BUT. . .that recipe might be ok for me;-)
PS- I love reading your posts!
PPS- I wrote Noelle and told her that the crazy spaceship house in Signal Mountain was on the national news because the guy living there just sold it. It made me think of you guys!
Yum, we may have to try that recipe! I love how she samples Steve's sandwich -that is adorable!
Those sound yummy...we'll have to try it. I'm glad Shannon is following your footsteps in being a lover of fine food. I absolutely LOVE her taste tests of Steve's sandwiches. She's so funny. By the way, I'm working on the tag thing...thanks. (sarcasm) :)
I've made those (but with spice cake mix) and they are AMAZING!
Tell shannon that she is the best cook! I love her muffins! And, she looks very pretty for her presentation.
yum! i love shannon's princess get-up. what a star! btw, happy birthday! i'm late, i know, but it's not because i wasn't thinking about you on your birthday!!!!!!!!!! love ya. :)
Oh yum! Thanks for the recipe, we will definitely be trying these sometime very soon!
Post a Comment