Tuesday, March 11, 2008

I got tagged (a long time ago)

I know I have broken the official rules of tagging and I probably won't tag anyone else because I don't know anyone who hasn't already been tagged (except Shannon Hall, so I tag you!). So here goes...6 things you might not know about me....

1. I preformed in a circus in the Bahamas
My family went to Club Med after I graduated from high school and because no one believed I was actually 18, they made me preform in the kiddy circus. The trapeze was really fun but my sister bailed out of preforming the Spanish web (the rope that hangs from the ceiling) so I had to go solo. I wasn't hard (the person who spun the rope had the hardest job) but I had forgotten to put sunscreen on my feet earlier in the week and they were burned and blistered. At one point I had to put my foot in the harness, hang upside down, and spin. I think I still have scars.
2. I've spoken to Kelly Ripa and Regis Philben.
One summer I had a little extra time on my hands and no money, so I decide to win Steve and I a trip! So I entered the Travel Trivia through Regis and Kelly. After few months of entering they finally called me. Of course I sounded like a blithering idiot. I was star struck and very nervous about potentially loosing a vacation. I taped the episode I appeared on and still can't bring myself to watch it because I'm too embarrassed. I did win a trip to Barbados, which was fabulous!

3. I fear having a little boy one day!
I'm such a girl"s mom. I love pink, hair bows, ballet classes, and Shannon's latest obsession...Disney Princesses. Shannon and I are on the same page. But boys, I don't understand them! If I ever have a boy, I'm going to have a lot to learn.

4. I hate rye bread.
Most of you know that I LOVE food (I'm considering joining the "I love Cafe Rio" club on myspace). The food network is one of my favorite channels because I get great ideas and because it's one of the cleanest channels on TV. But since I was a kid the smell of rye bread makes me want to vomit. Which is odd since I have Jewish ancestry.
5. I believe that Costco is the happiest place on Earth.
That's right, not Disneyland. Steve first introduced me when we were dating. I was a staunch Sam's club member (it was pure ignorance). But after an afternoon of sampling coconut shrimp, crab cakes, and finding Ralph Lauren jeans for $20, I was sold. At BYU, Steve and I would go every Saturday to refill the car and our fridge. When we moved to Memphis, I seriously considered moving into an apartment complex because it was across the street from Costco. Now we are in Chattanooga (which would be my perfect city...if it had a Cafe Rio and a Costco). When we go to the temple in Atlanta, the Costco is within a mile and we often stop in for a $1.50 polish dog and soda special.
6. I have 3 dream jobs.
Intellectually I would love to be a Certified Nurse Anesthetist. After following my dad around for a year in a mentorship program (he's an anesthesiologist) and spending almost 2 years as a sedation nurse I've come to realize that I love the treat'em and street'em nursing (otherwise known as outpatient nursing). I also enjoy the instant gratification of pushing a med and watching it immediately take affect and putting someone to sleep (especially if they were annoying.)
To fulfill my girly side I would work in the ring section of Tiffany's in New York City.
In my next life I will star as Alfaba in the broadway musical Wicked. The reason I say the next life is because their's not a chance in Hades that I could carry a tune in this one.
There, I hope you've learned a few new things about me and your opinion of me hasn't changed for the negative.

6 comments:

Beth Davis said...

I could see you being in a circus! Just kidding;-) I love that you won a vacation from Regis and Kelly! That's the only part I like to watch on the show. I always envy the people that call in a and win a trip within a matter of seconds! Good Job!! And don't worry about little boys- your heart will fall in love immediately- Tucker has been so easy and such a sweetheart. I think I'm the opposite though- I'm terrified of having a little girl! I'd be ok with all boys but I would love to see JC have a little daddy's girl.
I liked your list- it was so much fun reading these things I didn't know about you!

Sarah (and a few others) said...

Are you kidding!? Boys are the best- all the fun, and none of the guilt- You can blame all of their goofy quirks on dad!

Elfaba, huh? just don't read the book...:)

noelle said...

this post was so hilarious. i forgot about that circus thing! and rye bread. too funny. i love reading your blog... :)

and boys... yes. boys are physically exhausting, but in lots of ways also easier i think... girls are just... something else entirely.

Unknown said...

I agree with Sarah...boys are SOOOo much easier than girls...hands down. But hey...if you're a "girl mom" then have at it. I did not know about your circus career! That is wonderful!

And I remember your Regis's gig! That was soo awesome I was incredibly jealous.

hmmm..I seem to get jealous of you often lately...wanna trade lives for a while? Huh? Huh??

Angie said...

You crack me up.

Pitcherpost said...

So the only thing I didn't know was that you had a myspace page, really? And I didn't perform the spanish web b/c I didn't want to wear the purple unitard in such close proximity to people.

I was just listening to my wicked cd today and imagining I was performing in wicked too, we are such dorks!