Tuesday, November 24, 2009

When Lindsey Comes to Town

The sun shines brighter.
Almost blinding.
And life is a little better.
And she's so sweet with your kids that you nearly forgive her for stealing both recessive genes and getting the blue eyes that were meant for you (meaning Me, Melissa).

...I said nearly forgive. And I'm pretty sure the doctrine includes something about...AND forgetting as well, which will never happen, so I'm not too focused on the forgiving part for that reason alone.

Anyways, you feel inspired to...

Get gussied up.
Even if she is my sister, I can't let her see the way I really live.

Thanks to Laura for turning our kitchen into a hair salon and for being patient with me while I attempted to learn how to cut Shannon's hair.
Oh, and thanks for fixing Shannon's hair after I butchered it.

(note the look of concern on Shannon's face) (and the ugly look of concentration on mine)
All's well that ends well. Shannon likes her hair.
Whew.
I would have never heard the end of that one.

Moving on
...create an army of turkey cupcakes for Shannon's birthday at school.
(note Shannon's and Lindsey's new hair styles)
...Feel a little more free
like Adam here, who decided to sleep commando and leave a puddle on his bed for me to clean.

...get a shrink for your daughter after she hyperventilates/cries for 2 hours straight after Lindsey leaves.
Or just call Lindsey plan the next time she can come down. It's much cheaper and more fun!

4 comments:

Christi said...

Sisters are the best! I love that picture of Adam. Is he holding a pink blanket? If so that makes it 10 times better!

Araksya Kennard said...

I love Adam's face in his naked picture. He is sooo happy!
Good job with the turkey cupcakes. They are gorgeous, and I am sure they were delicious, too!

Sherilyn and Donovan said...

Sisters are awesome, I love all 4 of mine. I love Shannon's hair. The cupcakes are so cute!!

lindsey gruwell said...

First, yuck...that picture of me is horrible. Glad you mentioned that the sun was blinding(although I need another excuse too)! I had a great time seeing everyone. Glad I was able to come and visit. Haa,love the part about shannon needing a shrink when I leave. I love yall