Iowa
Heard of the blizzard tearing through the Midwest?
Here's Alabama's portion of their winter wonderland.
1/2 inch, maybe 3/4ths? What ever the precipitation, it was cause to run out, grab a loaf of bread and milk, then toss the kids in their "winter gear", aka a fleece zip up, and play in the snow until it melted into a soggy, muddy mess(30 minutes later).
It was good practice though.
I thought about naming this post
I-O-Whatta?
Wondering why?
Steve has accepted a residency in Davenport, Iowa and as of June we'll officially be Midwesterners.
My first thought was..."uh, where IS Iowa?"
Isn't it that state I missed every test in the 4th grade when they either asked us to name all 50 states OR handed us a map and told us to fill it in. BOTH times = no idea! We are trilled with the opportunities that await us there, but at the same time there are moments like these when my heart feels heavy.who welcomed me to Alabama with open arms when I had a 5 day old baby and forced me to exercise. I've love every minute...and will cry as I reread this post next winter in my down parka huddled next to a wood burning stove while you frolic at the park in your windbreakers.
But life's an adventure and I voluntarily signed up for the ride.

10 comments:
Glad you guys got to enjoy a little snow....too bad you're going to be in for a lot more next winter! Iowa?! Beware my dear...your warm blooded kiddos aren't going to know what hit them. My brother lived in Davenport during his time at chiropractic school. There are tons of young families there "enjoying" the rigors of life, family and school. Besides the winter, you'll like it there...especially that the Nauvoo Temple is now "your" temple.
By the way...how is it that you always look so stinkin' good! :)
Oh...I need your address if you want a christmas card! Love ya!
Iowa?!?!?! What an adventure! I am sure that you guys will love it!
I am sorry you are moving, but I know you will do well where ever you go, you will be the bright spot in the middle of winter in Iowa. You are an awesome persona and I wish I could have got to know you better.
Wow! That will be an adventure! I hope you guys have a merry Christmas. Oh and I hate to say this, but I feel the same way about dogs. :)
ah, meliss. iowa. is it just me or do we end up in places we would have least expected? it must be some kind of universal law. and you are beautimous. as always.
do they have electricity in Iowa? We need to learn that song from "The Music Man" , something, something, give Iowa a try!
I don't even want to talk about Iowa. I do know that you will do great wherever you go. You'll make more friends, as you are such a great person!
I know I am going to miss you a lot!:(
Iowa huh? Cool maybe we can stop and see you on the way up to Minnestoa. I will send hot chocolate as well, that way you won't freeze to much. How long will you be there?
You haven't been out of the south in a long time! I'm sure you will end up loving Iowa so much, it'll surprise you! Congrats to steve!
Congratulations . . . I guess! Maybe Iowa has Williams Sonoma and Pensy Spices . . . ? I'm sure you'll make some great friends in "Iowhatta." BTW, I'm not a fan of the furry set, either! :)
Post a Comment