He knew what he was getting into, but he was so hopped up on love that I knew he would agree to anything I said. I told him it would be expensive, I would have to rendezvous frequently, and that was the way it was going to be. OK? Good.
Fast forward 8 1/2 years.
The time has come. He's in denial. I did warn you, didn't I?
I'd seen my mom do it for years. I knew it was part of life. However, at the tender age of 17 I discovered the first culprit. It forced me to look at my own mortality.
Later, as they multiplied like a raging virus, I said, "No not until I'm 30." I gained some comfort knowing that my younger sister was starting down the same vicious spiral. Misery loves company.
With the awkward teenage years gone, I was finally learning to love myself. I might not have been perfect, but it was me. Now that must all change.
I also didn't think we'd STILL be students when the time came. But luckily, someone in the know took pity on me and came to my rescue. A fellow starving student wife. I offered to give her a shot anytime in return.
Hi. My name is Melissa and I dyed my hair to cover a gray hair or two. I'm a natural brunette but loving my new life with blond highlights.
I'm still trying to decide if blonds have more fun.
Thank you Laura!

12 comments:
melissa, you are adorable. age becomes you. truly. can't wait to see my favorite girls in march! xo.
p.s. i remember when you found that grey hair... it was traumatic. haha.
Your new hair color looks great! Now you will stand out a bit from the sea of dark dark hair that that rest of us have. both pregnancies have really boosted my gray hair count, after the 3rd, I think I'll turn to a beautician too!
Very cool!! I don't think blonds have more fun than you, you are the life of the party blond or brunette.
I love it!!!!! Your hair looks great too!!!
Wow! I love it! I have wanted to try blond highlights, but I am scared to go down that road. Now I have something to look forward to! When I start getting grey hairs (and we all know I will... look at my mom) I will finally be able to try out the highlights!
I know it's part of life, but dude, I'm never going gray. And, now that I have "new hair" maybe I'm starting out as a newborn and I won't get gray unil oh 19 years from now?? Dream on. Love the hair. Love that you have connections.
I really like it! You look good, never thought I see the day when you were blonde and I was dark! We need pictures next time we see each other! Looks great!
Wow, good for you! I think it looks really good. I have often teased about going blonde... or just doing something to my hair. I guess that I will have to when those gray hairs come (which they will, sooner rather thab later, and it'll mainly be due to Camilla!). Once again, you look great!
Ps Very creative post! :)
Love it! Girl I feel you with those hideous little hairs. I have fallen too and try my best to mask the evergrowing colony!! LOL!
Love it! Girl I feel you with those hideous little hairs. I have fallen too and try my best to mask the evergrowing colony!! LOL!
I love your hair. The highlights are beautiful on you. You were my motivation to get highlights in my hair:))!
Ha ha..don't worry, your not the only one. My dog has gray hair and she's not even a year old:) I dye my hair and I don't even have an excuse:)
Post a Comment