She finally lost it and busted out.
Oh who are we kidding? This is Lindsey we are talking about; the girl who has no poker face. Yesterday the docs surprised Lindsey by granting her a pass to the outside world. She had asked for permission to go outside at night, just to walk around, but they went one step above and told her to get out and never come back. So, after more than an month in room #7 of the bone marrow floor, Lindsey finally spent the night in her own bed at the Target House; her home away from home. She'll still be under the same strict rules enforced while on the transplant floor but no more nurses checking in at all hours of the night. But best of all, this means she is progressing on the road to recovery...and surprising docs along the way.
Now the plan is to remain virus and infection free and wait for those all too important B and T cells to come in, thus ending the low bacteria diet and providing her with an immune system.
#1 Reason to have Children: Entertainment
14 years ago

6 comments:
YEAH!!!! Congrats to Lindsey. I am glad she is doing well.
That is so cool! And you are so cool for being her donor!
What awesome news to hear! Woo Hoo!!!
YEAH, that is awesome, I hope she keeps progressing well!!
I'm so glad to hear things are going so well. Oh, and why did you move, I'm confused...
I bet she is soooo relieved! I was about to go crazy after 5 days in a hospital, I don't know how she did it! I hope that she recovers well, and your cells start coming on fast and furious. How are you recovering? You never said if your pricks have healed.
Post a Comment