*I wrote this post while in Memphis, but didn't finish it until today. We are LOVING our new home and will post pics when the boxes are unpacked.
We've been taking it pretty easy this week. Loads of trying to keep Lindsey from reaching her maximum boredom level. Loads of Skip Bo. Loads of pressuring Lindsey to eat the highest caloric foods we can find to ward off TPN.
My bone marrow should start popping up on labs around day 21.
Mom handed me two cards the other day. One contained tear jerking thank you notes from Mom, Dad, and Lindsey. The other was a beautiful cream envelope with a green boarder and pineapple. You know what that means...
WILLIAM & SONOMA! AHHH!
It was spent before it touched my fingers. My dream 14 cup cuisianrt food processor. Just in time to make gallons of pesto to freeze for winter and enjoy some homemade hummus with grilled pita bread this summer. My biggest challenge will be conquering pie crust.Least you feel too sorry for me, let me tell you about some of the happenings around St Jude.
Monday = facial and visit from some crazy grown men dressed like green bugs and a queen.
It's good to be King
Did I mention Adam is deep into his separation anxiety phase?
Tuesday = Bayou dinner provided (gumbo, jambalaya, banana pudding).
"MMMMOOOOMMMM I wanted the Holiday classic Barbie, no the Forest Princess one."
But she loves it now.
Saturday...unlimited carousel rides.
Monday...Splash Pad and catch up with old friends.
This is how we roll
(When this post was written, the rolling had just begun. Now he's crawling and I don't think it will be too long before he starts walking. Where did my baby go? Or as some of you are thinking, " Who ATE my baby?)
Tuesday...Back to The MeadowsSurreal. For those of you who don't know, we lived at the Meadows for all 3 years of law school. When we left, we never looked back (Sorry, don't miss the 40 year old aspiring singer who lived below us and would "practice" at 1:30 am or his partially deaf wife who would blare the TV until our walls shook all while she smoked 10 packs of cigarettes and filled our apartment with smoke. Good times) But we do miss the friends in our Bartlett 2 ward. Jayden and Shannon were born days apart and seem to share a special bond that only Nov 2004 babies can.
The rest of the time not spent at the hospital or playing around Memphis was spent in the Target House (half the time we were treating Shannon's constipation...again, Good Times).
Adam learned to open and unload cabinets...
While Shannon tried to convince me she was overworked by moping from floor from the couch while watching TV
(although I give her props for multi tasking. Now, if she had only moped more than a 2 sq ft area...)
Spoiled! But who am I to talk as I look at my beautiful nails whilst I type this post.

4 comments:
Love the post! I wanted to comment on Williams Sonoma if you haven't tried the pancake molds.....amazing. Spray them with Pam pop on the griddle with pancake mix....Love Love We have the Halloween ones and just recently got the Tiger, Elephant and Monkey.....so much fun. Love Stacy
Glad to see what you guys were doing in the outside world! Love the picture of Adam in his king hat and the pic of shannon on the carousel. Looks like everyone had fun in Memphis. As dad would say, "Come back anytime now."
I am happy you managed to have some fun in Memphis but I am happier that you are back!
And let's put our food processors to work!
A Williams Sonoma gift card? OOOh, I'm jealous of your food processor . . . BTW, pie crust is easy! You don't even need a processor. I'll have to send you my mom's recipe.
Congratulations on all the good things happening! :)
Post a Comment