Thursday, May 21, 2009

Memphis in May

Memphis in May is a world wide BBQ championship, but for me it equals transplant time.

Lindsey is in remission and we're both getting our testing to prepare for the big event. The kids and I arrived in Memphis Tuesday night. After meeting with the transplant surgeon and almost donating blood(a story for another time), my week is done.

Lindsey will be admitted to the transplant floor Saturday, get chemo for a few days, radiation for a few days, then on Friday I'll go in bright and early for my donation and she'll be transfused later that day. They asked me to stay put until then, which means spending lots of time with the newest Memphisians (the Pitchers) and revisiting all of our favorite former spots.

We ask for your prayers during this crazy and critical time.

11 comments:

dishka said...

Lots of prayers for you and your family. I'll be obsessively checking for updates ;)

noelle said...

absolutely! please, please, PLEASE keep us updated. love you so much. and give lindsey a huge hug for me.

Micaela said...

Man Meliss, wish you were in town for any other reason... Good luck, we'll add you and lindsey to our fast on saturday for emma. Keep us all posted...

Sarah (and a few others) said...

Our prayers are with you.

Dana said...

Friday we will be flying to Las vegas to spend time there and in utah. I will be checking daily to see how you guys are doing! We will keep you in our prayers! Good luck!

BiblioBags said...

Our prayers are always with you guys. You are such an amazing sister to Lindsey for what you're doing. You're a hero . . . or, heroine, I guess! :) Thinking of you and your fam . . .

Tricia said...

We are definitely praying for you both. I don't know how long it takes to recover, but you can expect the queens treatment when you get home! Give the kids an extra hug from us!

Unknown said...

Melissa we are thinking of you and Lindsey and your family today!! We love you all!

Araksya Kennard said...

Melissa, we are praying for you both every day! We ,iss you a lot!

The Hall's said...

What a super woman you are. What an honor to be doing this for Lindsey. You win the best sister award of the century. I'm thinking about you and Lindsey today and praying hard. Best wishes. Keep me posted! I love ya!

noelle said...

i've been thinking about you all day today. sending a million hugs your way.