We went to the Alabama State Fair this weekend and here’s a recap in pics
Adams opinion of the fair, and most things
Monkey’s riding dogs...only in Alabama in the Banana Derby (it was totally rigged)
Hungry baby animals 
Baby piggy’s reminded me of Adam
Life at the Hodgens
After Shannon’s nap I walked into to see a well taken care of Elmo.
Adam was diagnosed with acid reflux but it hasn’t interfered with his growth. Most people are surprised when I tell them he only gets breast milk. At 2 months he has nearly doubled his birth weight, weighing in at 13 pounds 2 ounces.
The primary program was this week and Shannon had a new dress (found at my favorite clothing store…Costco). Unfortunately she spent half the program playing with her teacher’s hair and the other half hiding behind her chair. We’re going to work on reverence and boundaries this week.
My Double Oven
Unfortunately our toaster didn’t survive it’s 2 year storage. Guess what? Costco had a great one, and on sale! It looked much smaller at Costco and we questioned wether we should keep the ginormous toaster. However, I now LOVE it as it has become like a second oven. I’ve broiled quesadillas, baked corn bread (it can hold an 8x8 pan easily) and it has been wonderful for out little family. No buyer’s remorse this time.
I’m obsessed with Command products…the things that let you hang up hooks and pictures without putting a hole in the wall or leaving a mark. I use them everywhere. 


#1 Reason to have Children: Entertainment
14 years ago

9 comments:
Adam is humungo!But I would expect nothing less from one of your babies. I love that picture of Elmo - shannon always look for any excuse to put the pacifier in Aubrey's mouth, does she do that with Adam? Also, were those monkey's CHAINED to the dogs? That looks a bit cruel....
I love that there were monkey's on the dogs. Seriously!!! That is awesome. Adam is getting so big. Shannon looks adorable, and good buy on the toaster.
I love the hooks. You made me realize that I need more hooks in my life:)
First, shannon and adam look like they are both getting so tall. second, I love the paci in Elmo's mouth, i know who is responsible for that...what a good mother she is. Third,I'm glad you got your stainless steel toaster. And last, I love shannon;s dress..I just can't imagine her being so irreverent during her program...that's not like my shannon? I miss you guys
I love that Adam is big it makes me feel better about Garrett, he's huge too! And i love the pic's at the of the animals, who thinks to put monkey's on dogs?! Seriously I need to meet that person....Oh and the hooks thing gives me such a great idea for our house thank you so much i've been trying to organize!
Busy family! Adam is adorable - I love that face at the fair. Shannon sounds like such a fun girl, what a sweet little mommy, Elmo looks so well cared for!
wow, so much going on, i have no idea where to begin to comment. except that i get the feeling you're living a good life there in the south. although, the whole monkeys chained to dogs bit... huh. :)
Adam's growth is pretty impressive (especially since mine barely get back their birth weight by two months). It looks like the fair was a blast. You never know what you will find at a state fair, but monkeys on dogs, very unique.
Monkey/Dog derby? That is awesome. It looks like ya'll had a good time at the fair.
Suddenly I really want a new, shiny toaster oven...
Post a Comment