Sunday, October 5, 2008

A Blessed Day


Every preschool answering machine in AL ends with…”and have a blessed day.” We had such a day on September 29th when we blessed Adam. My parents and Grandfather came in that morning and Steve preformed the blessing. I felt very blessed to have a healthy baby boy and to be surrounded by people I loved.We took pictures in front of the Birmingham Temple (across the parking lot from our chapel)
A special thanks to Sister Van who crochet Adams blessing outfit

Like I said before, I feel very blessed to have a healthy baby boy. That said, we’ve been to 5 doctors appointments in the past 8 weeks. Well baby visit, conjunctivitis, and most recently, acid reflux. Friday we went to the children’s hospital for an upper GI to rule out additional possibilities. Fortunately no other abnormalities were found but he does have a level 3 out of 5 reflux and now sleeps in his kick and play to decrease the vomiting. I almost started crying as they straight jacketed him and flipped him from side to side to x-ray the barium he’d swallowed. Tuesday is his 2 month appointment and I’m interested to see what percentile is his weight. Despite his hefty appearance, he refuses to go more than 2 ½ to 3 hours between feedings at night. I’m tired!What will my grocery bill look like when this guy’s a teenager?

I must be the last person on earth to jump on the vinyl letter bandwagon. I’ve always been a late bloomer. But now that I’ve been bitten, I’m obsessed.

8 comments:

lindsey gruwell said...

It's about time you post this! What a chunker Adam is getting. That is so sad that they put him in a straight jacket. I hope his test went well. Tell my shanny hi for me.

Christi said...

I love the little chunker. He is so cute. I am glad you guys had a good blessing day. That is cool you have a temple so close!

Anonymous said...

Melissa...he's HUGE! Mom told me he was a chunker, but this was more then I had imagined! crazy! I like your dress, is it new? And yes, you are quite behind on the final lettering :) jk, but I have that same kiss me goodnight letters, just don't have anywhere to put them.

La Familia Young said...

Hey Melissa, your baby is soo cute. Your daughter is too! I'm glad the blessing went well. Oh the sleepless nights.. don't miss those days. Sure glad they do go away... and then life is just great. Hang in there! Take care.

noelle said...

you look so beautiful, melissa! how is it you end up looking younger every year??? my facial exercises aren't working!! you'll have to tell me your beauty regime. and i'm just loving adam's squishy thighs. nothing better than a chubby baby, i say.

Beth Davis said...

Adam is so adorable and definitely looks healthy to me! Tucker was below average when it came to his weight, but he eventually caught up- so don't worry! (easier said than done though- I know)
PS- you don't look tired at all! You look beautiful!!

Dana said...

I love him he reminds me of Garrett they need to get together. They'd probably just spit up on us, and see who can eat the most! I hope he starts sleeping more for you at night, Garrett is almsot there....

Sepp said...

I am still absolutely amazed that your child can gain so much weight with reflux. That definitely must be a relief. We feel your pain on the sleepless nights. Love the blessing photos and say hey to little Miss Shannon for us.