Tuesday, June 17, 2008

The Second Time Around

No one is taking about their pregnancy, but I’ve gotten several requests for pics. Let me preface my photos…This pregnancy has been completely different from Shannon’s. Minimal nausea (thank goodness), my cravings in the beginning consisted of salt/cheese (pizza, cheese and crackers, and grilled cheese were consumed daily…it didn’t help that my brother worked at the Mellow Mushroom and I blame that for much of my early weight gain.) Then cravings moved to sweets, with a brief period of peanut butter in between.


I was quite surprised to get a call from my OB saying I had failed my first glucose tolerance test. It’s no secret that I love my sweets but I had made a real effort to avoid sugar and carbs the morning of my first test. My fasting glucose tolerance test (since most of you will never experience one) was fasting followed by an baseline blood draw, then drinking 100mg of dextrose, then 3 more blood draws on the hour. By noon I was eating again. Luckily I was “within normal limits” on my fasting test…never have I been so excited to be average. But, during the week I was waiting of my results I tried to live like a diabetic and it was HORRIBLE! So, my heart goes out to all moms with gestational diabetes and even more to those who live with type 1 everyday.


Now, I’m just tired. Sciatic pain comes and I can no longer keep up with the pace of my walking group. I FEEL the heat and am not looking forward to delivering in August and then waiting 6 weeks before I can get into a pool. BUT, all in all I have been very blessed and can’t wait to see Junior (where as with Shannon I was scared to death that they would allow me to take a baby home).
My self portait

4 comments:

noelle said...

heyyyyy.... you cut off one of the cutest parts of you - your smile! :) your little belly looks just like that... LITTLE!!!! i don't know what you people are talking about. and by people, i mean you and dana. did you guys not see me at only 5 months preggo? s.c.a.r.y. you guys look so tiny and cute!

so i want to see more of this wedding bonanza! shannon's such a spunky chic. i'm all about having my cake and eating it too.

The Hall's said...

Please tell me that is not a recent picture of your cute pregnant belly! There is no way that you're due in August with a belly like that! I'm totally jealous. You look great...although what happened to your head? I'm glad your fasting glucose came back fine and I'm TRULY sorry about the sciatic nerve pain. I've had that issue with this pregnancy too. No fun!

lindsey gruwell said...

I agree with everyone...you still look tiny! What is this about you gaining so much more weight...I don't see it? I can't wait to come home and be around when "junior" is born. I love you!

Anonymous said...

You look maybe 4 months pregnant, you totally suck.