On the tight wad scale, I'd rank myself at a 6.9. Steve might argue it's closer to a 9.2. My parents would place me at a healthy 7.8 My point is that, across the board, I'm above average in the penny pinchin' category. So what, you may wonder, is my breaking point? The point when I throw my hands up in the air and say, "Enough. The opportunity cost is too high. I quit!"
This, my friend, is my breaking point...
For a 2 year old boy, winters in Iowa seem to drag on and on. But for a mother of a 2 year old boy in Iowa, winters last an eternity. Most keep their sanity by running off to a warm, tropical region mid-February, but instead a few days of escape, I chose to take a fraction of the cost and invest it in a YMCA membership. Daily moments of peace for me and my active little buddy...because, let's face it, his little body is exploding with the energy of a split atom...get it Atom...Adam...
Ok...moving on.
I can only handle so many sharpie incidents to the doors or moments when I realize we've spent too much time together, such as this...
Turn that finger around little boy. I never taught you to apply mascara.
Although I get the most use from the pass, Adam loves his "Little Beats" classes on Tuesdays and Thursdays (free to members!)
Hit is Adam. Get all the pent up frustration out. Beat'em, bust'em, that's our custom. Go Adam.
Sorry, my inner high school cheerleader was surfacing.
Run, Adam, run!
Faster. Faster. Mommy wants an afternoon nap!
And, if Little Beats hasn't tuckered him out to my standards, we head over to the gym for a little b'ball.
Sometimes he'll run the lines.
But we always leave the court the way we found it.
Money well spent!

4 comments:
I guess every kid has to do this once in their toddler years. Shannon, now adam, so I guess you can just expect it with each kid. The thing is though, he could draw on the door, pee on the floor etc. and I would think it is so cute! Love that cute boy!
I'm falling in love with your cute little Adam. The Y is a great idea.
Try hairspray on the marker...it works right after but I don't know about when it's been on there for awhile. He's going to be an easy teenager! At least keep telling yourself that until you get there:)
Adam is awesome. By the way, sharpie comes out beautifully with the scented oil diffuser refills from Target (we use it often and it does not damage the paint and finish on most furniture)
Post a Comment