Saturday, April 30, 2011

And so it begins...

They've started...already.

School projects which are 25 % student, 75% parent.
Ugh. I'll be doing this until I die, won't I?

When we received the assignment (and when I say "we" I don't mean that figuratively), I turned it over to Steve. Not up my alley. The task at hand...a receycled pet. 1. I don't do pets 2. I'm constantly berated for my stance, so 3. I felt this was an opportunity for Steve and Shannon to bond over their mutual disdain for my position.

Get to work guys. I'll see you later.

The result...Chase, Shannon's dog. But, no, the project wasn't enough. There needed to be a pet show.
A gathering of parents to congratulate each other on their creative abilities. Poor Steve couldn't make it. He has a job and all. Thus leaving the task to Adam and me to show our support.

There was singing.
Introductions.
Awards.
Ok, it was kinda cute. I'll have a better attitude next time, but I'll still make Steve do it.

3 comments:

Sherilyn and Donovan said...

That is just weird, sorry but a huge party over recycled pets?!!! None of my kids ever did that, I hate projects too because it is the parents project!!

lindsey gruwell said...

oh what a proud aunt I am. Look at everyone's tiny pet and she has a big dog! Ya, that is pretty funny that they have they have a whole program for this. Either way, she looks so grown up and it was a fun excuse to have a class party! Good luck on your many projects to come. At least this one was simple..just wait cause I had some complicated and strange projecs.

Laura said...

i think the teachers feel sorry for mykids their projects are always the quickest and easiest possible. . .and it shows. i love her excitement!