Aka Food Poisoning
No, this is not a post about Mexico. Mexico was very kind to me in the culinary department.
Last night I woke up to darkness and the sounds of Shannon vomiting on the freshly steamed clean carpet. Always gotta run to mom and pass the toilet on the way.
1st thought - Ewww
2nd thought - I guess we aren't going to church in a few hours.
3rd thought - Wahoo. Do you know how much I can accomplish with Adam in nursery? Thank you notes, angry letters to Delta, moping, oh and scripture study.
I forgot that Heavenly Father can read thoughts.
During my 3rd clean up a mere 2 hours later, my knees went weak, head dizzy, stomach churning. Dropped the clean sheets, ran to Steve, gave him a 3 second synopsis of current events and ran to the bathroom for one of many trips to cleanse my body of food poisoning from one of my favorite restaurants who had given me a free birthday entree.
No, no Mexican gas station quesadilla stand with a senorita flattening dough with her bare hands,
nor the tamale street cart, nor this guy smearing sun warmed mayo and cheese on corn plucked from that dirty bucket,
nor the fruit vendor lady slicing figs with her pocket knife
nor Mexico's finer eating establishements, like Thai Gardens with valet parking and a tasters menu to die for
...nothing in Mexico gave me food poisoning, just your standard American FDA regulated restaurant.
My life makes NO sense.
ok maybe this was a little about Mexico

8 comments:
Food poisoning is the worst! Hope you guys feel better soon!!!
Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry! That stinks! I totally get your logic though about Mexico, I would have the same thoughts. I hope you feel better soon, and that you get enough strength be the time you head to Iowa.
Oh, I'm sorry. Now you can never eat there again! I don't know, maybe you can? Either way, that stinks!!!
Oh man!! That's why you were not in the church today! I am sorry you are not feeling well. What restaurant was it? The food looks so yummy though...!
Yikes, I am so sorry, I hope you are feeling better. I am jealous of you and getting to go to Mexico!!
I really can't believe you didn't get sick in mexico, not even the runs? :) hehe..but I'm sorry to hear you got sick. I hate hate hate throwing up! What happened on Delta? I'll have to find out from you, maybe while we are at the BEACH!!!!!
That is the worst. Seriously, food poisoning is so horrible! So sorry you had that happen, but at least you didn't get sick in Mexico . . . maybe it was a delayed response to the warm Mexican mayo corn . . .
you didn't get sick in mexico b/c i silently blessed all the food that passed our lips. "please don't let my friends get sick, please don't let my friends get sick." no, seriously. i would have been devastated if you had. but i can't believe you got sick like a week after you got home. i think that's when it happens. when you think you're all safe... life never ceases to be ironic.
Post a Comment