Steve had left at 4 am to drive to Nashville for law continuing educations. Sleep was evading me as I worried about him driving on so little sleep (the Olympic women's figure skating finals were on and who can go to bed early when that show down is going on?). Around 5 am I gave up on going back to sleep and decided to attack my ever growing list of things to do. First on the list...laundry. Entering the kitchen I noticed all my shopping bags from a late night trip WITHOUT the kids (so much faster when you're not hauling them from store to store) were no longer on the table. Instead was this.
Inside the card was a CD. I was already crying after reading the card, BUT after the CD started playing, I was bawling. I felt so loved, but now my hubby was no longer in the state. Tossing my previous ambitions aside, (ok, I did start 1 load of laundry) I grabbed a fork, fired up my redbox dvd of Julie and Julia in the computer, plugged in my headphones and watch a chick flick while eating chocolate cake at 5 am and feeling very loved even though my husband was no where nearby.
Perfect way to start the day. I highly recommend it.

13 comments:
What a sweetie. I guess you will have to keep him now!!!! Good Job Steve! That cake looks delicious!
now that's a way to get the day started early! super sweet!
That is so awesome!!! Can he give Brian a call?
That's so neat! I bet you missed Steve even more that time!
Did you like the movie? I am trying to get it to watch.
How cute! And that cake looks soooo yummy! I love it when little surprises like this happen :)
What a good husband! Maybe he should give Matt some tips!!!
Love it! I find it funny you did laundry at 5:00 a.m.!!! You make me look way to lazy. Steve is so awesome! Tell him to tip off my hubby would ya?
how cute. glad you could switch your morning routine up a little! Some days, you just need a pice of chocolate and a movie, not matter what time it is or what you need to do. good job steve.
Very cute Steve!
So glad Steve takes care of you so well! What a good man!
Way to eat your cake for breakfast...it has eggs...it all works out fine!
That looks like an amazing chocolate cake! That was a very sweet move on steve's parts, cha-ching! (That's his brownie points being deposited!) I want to know what's on that cd! I don't think zach and I have made mixed cd's for eachother since we were dating, it makes me nostalgic!
Wow, that is so awesome, what a good husband!! I love that movie Julie and Julia, it just makes you hungry so eating cake while watching is a very good idea.
That is SO sweet! Good job, Steve! Awwww . . .
Post a Comment