The black flag of quarantine has been lifted and we are so close to being back in action. The Gruwell holiday 2008 consisted of being sick, sick, and more sick. No one was spared, although some were worse for the wear. Adam ended up with bronchiolitis and a double ear infection. Here's what his week consisted of...
getting a nebulizing treatment every 4 hours, round the clock. Let's just say he wasn't THRILLED about it.

Lindsey was able to put her new nursing skills to work

Hacking and sneezing so much we ran out of pajamas and had to borrow some of Aubrey's. That's right, my 4 month old son can share clothes with his 17 month old cousin.
I added the bow to see if he would look like a girl...since most people can't tell babies' genders anyways. Melanie made me feel better when she declared that he "was not a cute girl."Since Adam went to the doctor 3 times in December, we found that our 20 pound 8 ounce boy is in the 98% for weight. The constant ache in my lower back would have guessed more like off the charts.
Here's some randomness that I had blogged before the masses were hit with various bugs.
Crazy Hair
Shannon's preferred style
Zach's visiting = making fun of us.. "Oh, I think this is a blogging moment. Quick, get the camera." Zach wasn't such a willing participant for his own "blogging moment."
TN for Melanie = spending hours in the sewing room making 3 dozen burp clothes, diaper wipes cases, rice heating bags, Martha Stewart paper Christmas trees, fabric owls, etc.
Once we get some sleep and clean up, I'll post some more from our Christmas adventures! Oh and HAPPY NEW YEAR!






Aubrey's home = more craziness and more fun!

10 comments:
So sorry you've all been sick...especially Adam with a Nebulizer. That is no fun. We so understand the joys of nebulizers. I'm glad you were able to keep him from being in the hospital though. Hope you're all doing better!
That is exactly what Alice had. I couldn't believe that she had the ear infections on top of it all!!! I hate the nebulizer!!!! Hope you are getting better!
love the pictures...I'm glad that Adam is feeling better and almost back to his old happy self. Tell my shanny that I miss her!
awwww. ick. no fun. but at least you got to be at home with a few extra pairs of hands around! miss your family. you guys crack me up. love you, and happy new year!
It seems like we get sick every Christmas. I think it's seeing all the people and lack of sleep. Luckily, we didn't get sick this year, YAHOOO!!! Hope everything is good and that Adam is better. That sucks!
Oh my.. and here I am feeling sorry for myself when my one girl is sick for New Year's.. looks like you guys had it rough! I hope you are feeling better now. Camilla got sick as soon as we got to Valencia for New Year's... It turned out to be baby measles instead of just teething.. oh well, such is life. Hopefully by Monday the fever will be gone.Hey, I lOVE Melanie's parenting skills. Will look into taking after her example. And regarding the group picture in my blog.. how did you know? Janelle did have to do with it. I laughed so hard when I read your comment! Take care!
Sorry to hear that you have all been sick. Tis the season, and yet this seems to be the worst time to be down. I invaded your blog after looking through others that led me to you. I can't believe how much your family has grown. It sounds like you have been busy with life.
I'm so sorry Adam was sick! that picture of him with the breathing machine is so sad!
Hope everyone is well now!
Paige
Oh wow! You guys have had WAY TOO MUCH excitement for the holidays! Keep on getting better! Happy New Year!
I wish I had gotten to see you all more while you were here.
Post a Comment