Saturday, January 24, 2009

Matcho Man


I must be feeding this boy something right (he had mashed roasted butternut squash yesterday) because I turned around to see this scene...Adam had ripped his toy from the kick and play. RIPPED! It was the one with a mirror, so maybe he's a little narcissistic. I have no clue how to get it back on, but he's pretty proud of himself.





There's a sense of accomplishment when ALL your children are napping at the same time. This picture was taken weeks ago and unfortunately, this was the only time it has occurred since then. At least I have this memory and the hope that one day it will repeat itself.Here's one of the reasons the naps have been at a minimum...Adam can't stop pulling his pacifier out of his mouth. He acts shocked every time it happens, as if someone ELSE were taking away his source of comfort.

My Parents attempt at food storage

Our attempt at food storageA two week supply is our goal. It seems we've gone heavy on breakfast and snacks. Opps, but it's where we spend our most time.
Here are the results of our preschool tuition.

11 comments:

Christi said...

It is a good thing he is strong, he can protect you all! I am with you with the food storage. We have just started to really try and get some going.
Shannon is soooo cute. The tuition is totally worth it.

noelle said...

hahaha... that video of shannon. PRICELESS. she is so your daughter. i love it!

as for adam... bravo! wholly impressed by the gentle giant.

and food storage? one of the saddest things i've ever had to do was give away our food storage when we moved down here (6 mo. supply). physically hurt me. we tried to smuggle down our $500 box of MRE's, but alas... it was nowhere to be found when our things arrived! i haven't mustered the courage yet to start again...

lindsey gruwell said...

I love shannon's video...how cute! And wow, Adam is strong. Well in later years you'll have someone to help lift stuff etc. Ohh and your food storage is getting better-dad would be so proud...plus remember his moto--get food that will "stick to your bones" and you'll enjoy eating. You don't want to be stuck eating canned beans all day! So, I say some snacks and stuff is great!

Anonymous said...

oh i love shannon! THanks for the video, it made me smile!

Angie said...

Well, just go to your parents house in a crisis, that's my plan. Good job Adam, I think it looks frustrating when they make toys that hang in front of you but you can't get them, way to show them who's boss!!

La Familia Young said...

That video was funny!! And your attempt to food storage.. very similar to ours!! If we had as many cans of food as your parents, there'd be no room in the apartment! Adam is so cute.. and strong! Good for him. I'm telling you, sturdy is great! Thta's how my girl is. take care!

Tricia said...

So cute! Hang in there with the naps. My kids did the same thing, but by the time Lorelai was a year they were both napping at the same time. It is a beautiful memory that I still cherish when I'm feeling sleep deprived! Just wait until next year with Shannon in preschool! PLC will have her repeating Bible verses. It's pretty impressive.

The Hall's said...

Loved the video of Shannon. At least you know she's learning something!

Sherilyn and Donovan said...

That is awesome!! I love the little songs that they end up learning at school.

Kayleen said...

Hey, your food storage looks kind of like ours. We're off to a start! I love the little snowman song. . . so cute~

Unknown said...

Watch out for that narcissism! LOL!
How wonderful that you got to experience a TRUE nap time....once. Kinda not fair that you got a taste of it and can't enjoy it often. Tis life.
And with your food storage...if those are the things you go through most then you are on the right track. :)