Sunday, May 25, 2008

Carpe Diem


As my due date inches closer, I have been sensing my limited time with “just” Shannon as well as “me” time. My answer to these feelings has been to “seize the day!”
Strawberry Picking
Although bending over for an hour and a half doesn’t sound like loads of fun for a pregnant woman, we ventured with some friends to a local strawberry farm to fill our buckets with the juiciest strawberries ever! Afterwards Shannon helped me to mash berries and make our first attempt at freezer jam(way easy!). She was so proud of herself.
Picnic at the Park
We’ve had gorgeous weather and I wanted to take advantage of it before it gets too hot. I hid a picnic in the trunk and headed to her favorite playground. Shannon loves eating on the ground, but after a recent attack by ants, has had a fear of it. So, we spread our blankets on the basketball court, ate, then headed for some fun swinging and sliding.
Walks
Again, the beautiful weather has called me outdoors before my internal body temp reaches a max. Since the Brow (edge of the mountain) is a few blocks away, I’ve been walking during Shannon’s naps (don’t worry, Gigi’s home) to exercise and clear my head. Recently I drug Steve out of bed an hour early and we had some rare time talking as the sun came up. Yes, it sounds corny, but we’ve never done that before!

7 comments:

lindsey gruwell said...

no way.. I want to go strawberry picking!! I am so jealous. Shannon looks like she enjoyed the strawberries. Who did you go with and where did you go? I'm still waiting to see an updated pic of you..you can't hide!

Dana said...

Good for you! I totally here you on only have one kid and having a few weeks left! I love strawberries, i wonder if there is a farm near by us? Maybe that's what I should do when i get closer to my due date, could it help put me in labor?

Unknown said...

Where can you go strawberry picking around here? I'd love to do that and I want to know how to make jam! How cool!!

You and Steve getting up early, sounds wonderful. What a special treat that was I'm sure. I need to do that with Clay. There's just never time to spend time as a couple when you're not rushed to do or be somewhere.

The Hall's said...

Way to seize the day! We completely understand. It looks like you had a great time. Those strawberries look delicious and where's my freezer jam? :)

noelle said...

ok, first of all. that pic of shannon sliding down the slide is hiLARious. love it. second of all, well. there's no second thing i had to say. oh wait. yes there was. let's get those preggo pics up! you know those pics of people pointing to their bellies with "here's me at 32 weeks" etc. come on!!!

Angie said...

Sounds like you are doing well. I'm sure it's stressful having so much happening all at once, but I'm so excited to see this baby!!!

Anonymous said...

you are so funny, you way beat me in the nostalgia department - you are all about making memories. But hey, so am I, I just try and disguise it to keep Zach from making fun. No way would he get up with me to walk on the brow. Steve is a good sport!