Sunday, December 9, 2007

We bought a house!

The Biltmore, Ashville, NC

Just kidding, I wish....

I would like to take this moment to thank my sister Melanie, who has become quite the little homemaker over the years, for inspiriting me and my family to enjoy where you are and take advantage of the fun around you.

Melanie suggested that we go to the Biltmore House in Ashville, NC. It's one of the largest houses in the US built by one of the Vanderbilt heirs. My mom kindly offered to watch Shannon, so Melanie, Aubrey, Dad and I drove 4 hours to Ashville(which I have never been too, even though I've lived in the south most of my life).
It was BEAUTIFUL! So many of the architectural details reminded me of chateaus' I'd seen in the Loire Valley, France. The house was fully decorated for Christmas, complete with carols paying over the organ in the dining room. Luckily the day was warm so we explored the grounds. Once we'd stretched our legs outside, we noticed that most of the schools and tour buses were gone, so we took one more tour of the house, except this time we had it all to ourselves. They were preparing for the evening tours so all the fireplaces were lit and Christmas lights turned on. It really helped to get the Christmas spirit rolling.




World's Fanciest McDonalds






I would also like to remind you of how big a dork I am in my love for the food network. I had recently seen a special on McDonalds Around the World. It turns out the fanciest McD's is in Ashville, so I had to stop and see! They were right and I thought you'd like to see it just in case you never make it to Ashville.

2 comments:

Pitcherpost said...

I had so much fun at the Biltmore, I'm glad we went. I also loved learning that we both have the same travel/tourist style - go till you drop. We need to take our trips together and leave our lazy husbands behind.

Pitcherpost said...

I don't get the homemaker comment about me, were you being sarcastic? Since I'm lightyears away from the standards of an lds homemaker mom!