Yes, that is Shannon under the napkinFor those of you familiar with Steve's "Clark Griswold" holiday expectations, you're aware that it's hard to live up to. This holiday season has been filled with many Kodak moments as well as a few mishaps along the way.
It has been a constant struggle to keep Shannon from eating the gingerbread house. We made a cream cheese pound cake that Lindsey dropped on the floor while transferring into the pan to bake. Shannon found her presents hidden in Lindsey's closet. Luckily she was so infatuated with the first one she found, she didn't have time to dig through the remaining bags before Lindsey found her. As Lindsey tried to wrested the Princess Polly Pockets from her, Shannon cried (I mean she was literally crying), "No, I need these." Of course she returned to the scene of the crime the next day only to discover...nothing. After which she found me and ordered me to find the presents.
Shannon and the present she found earlier in the weekThe weeks leading up to Christmas we were able to squeeze in some time to watch our favorite holiday flicks...A Wonderful Like, Elf, A Christmas Story, Polar Express, Christmas Vacation, etc. Shannon, Mom and I attended the Nutcracker and the Parkridge Christmas party, which included a play and good food. I successfully completed my first beef tenderloin with Bearnaise sauce in addition to a pecan pie on Christmas Eve.
Shannon shows off her lootChristmas day included Shannon waking up at 5 am. Shannon opened princess present after present (apparently the word has gotten out). A special thanks Uncle Buddy and Aunt Jeanette for the princess towel set that Shannon has been asking for every trip to Target. Also, to Steve's mom who made 4 princess pillowcases (2 flannel for the winter, 2 cotton for the summer). And last, but not least, Marti and David (her adopted Aunt and Uncle) for the Disney Memory game. We had so many gifts for Shannon that half way through opening, I scooted some under the couch to save for a later date(apparently my mom used to do the same thing, so I am turning into my mother!).
I guess Shannon wasn't to trilled with her monkey headphones
To those of you who sent us a Christmas card, we loved hearing from you and seeing how your families have grown.
I guess Shannon wasn't to trilled with her monkey headphonesTo those of you who sent us a Christmas card, we loved hearing from you and seeing how your families have grown.
Merry Christmas!

6 comments:
Shannon is adorable. It sounds like you had a great Christmas! Thanks for making me feel better because I tucked some presents away too!
Jayden's Chritmas presents are the ones that we tucked away from her birthday in November! That's too funny! I am so glad that you found my blog! I love hearing about Shannon where she is so close in age to Jayden, what characters!
Sounds like you had a great Christmas. I LOVE that you pushed some of Shannon's presents aside...I wish I would've been smart enough to do that to Rebekah!
She is a TRIP!! Who couldn't smile when she's in the room?
That is a cute picture of shannon showing off all her loot. That girl loves princesses! I love my little baby.
Those pictures of Shannon are a hoot! What's she doing under the napkin - she has such personality all ready!
Post a Comment