Tuesday, December 4, 2007

River Path

Like I've said, the weather here has been unpredictable. Mostly warm, which has prompted us to take advantage of walking next the the river. Like I said before, I'm trying to take advantage of local attractions.
Lulu takes Shannon for a run

Shannon doesn't run fast enough, Lulu ditches Shannon

Here's a little background on this picture. Lulu is my sister Melanie's dog and she a VERY energetic little mutt. So, we thought the River path would be perfect for her. It was perfect until we started noticing the "NO DOGS ALLOWED" signs and realized we were going to have to hide her whenever we saw a park ranger. Luckily they were understand and let us finish our walk. Shannon, who desperately wants a pet, was walking Lulu when Lulu got a sudden burst of energy, resulting in Shannon being thrown off the path. Melanie took this great picture of the leash flying from Shannon's' hands, Shannon heading off the path, and Lulu running full speed ahead to Melanie with her tongue hanging out in determination.

4 comments:

Christi said...

That is an awesome shot of Shannon! I love it. Enjoy the weather.

Angie said...

Those are some great pictures. Tyson wants a dog too. A little brother will have to do for now.

Pitcherpost said...

Lulu finally made her debut in the blogging world! She's never made it onto my blog and I know she's been feeling left out. That was such a fun and beautiful day. I would love to be doing that today, but seeing as it's snowed here for a day and a half, I probably won't.

Pitcherpost said...

I like your new background alot. Where did you get it?