When there's a deadline hanging over my head, it overshadows all frivolous/free time (if such a thing still exists). Always been this way.
Can't play...gotta paper.
Can't relax with a paperback...giving a talk on Sunday.
This is why I didn't have kids until after undergrad AND why I have yet to attend grad school.
Sorry Adam. Can't feed you....gotta study.
It just wouldn't be a good thing now. But later. Definitely later.
But for today I have a deadline. One I brought upon myself a few weeks ago when I purchased a Groupon deal from Blurb.
You see my new Iowa friends all have these cute, organized hardback books of their blogs. Year by year. A "family history" per say.
You see my new Iowa friends all have these cute, organized hardback books of their blogs. Year by year. A "family history" per say.
Me, yes I have a sporadic blog but no published, tangible documentation composed of my thoughts and photos. Sounded like a good idea at the time.
Which brings be to today. The deal expires shortly and my book, it ain't done.
Not even close.
Well, not even close to my standard. Which, who is this book really about satisfying?
Me.
Sure I hope that one day, many years down the road when I'm pushin' up daisy, Shannon will pick up this book and remember how she drove her mother crazy with her model poses photo after photo after photo...and smile...and think of me...and shed a tear...and name her next daughter after me...
...so that's what's keepin' me going for now.
But for you I have these super stupendous, fabulous, gorgeous photo's that my insanely talented sister took over Christmas break. Enjoy for now.





12 comments:
Don't you hate it when those deals have deadlines!!! It puts pressure on you, and that's not good! Good luck with your book. I'm sure it'll turn out great (just like anything else you do girl). And btw, those pictures are great! Cute family, that's for sure!
Super cute pictures. I really want to try blurb. I think I need to save some money b/c i haven't done any of mine either! Good luck.
And I am sure Shannon will name a daughter after you!
Let me know how it turns out. When I started the blog it was with the intent of getting it made into a book. I just haven't heard from anyone how they actually like it and who they used to print.
Those pictures are beautiful by the way!
I love the pictures! you have a beautiful famiy! Good luck with your book!
Love the pictures!
You'll have to tell me how your experience goes with Blurb. I have had the goal to print our blog every year and just haven't done it. This year I have promised myself to do it. So, if you have any pointers I'd love to hear them! Good luck!
love, love, love the pictures!! Yes, shannon will love the work you've done one day. That is on my goals to do this summer(notice summer..haa I hear what you're saying about going to school and being a mom). Heck, I don't even have time to feed me much less other little mouths, change them, bath them etc. I admire those who do it, but I was not meant to obviously...to stressful. Can't wait to see the end product!
Well keep trying to have some fun. I know how it is to have a deadline though it does overshadow all else. I love the pictures, we sure do miss you all!!
I totally think its worth putting your blog into book form. I have three so far and my kids look at them now. They love it and since I don't scrapbook its my gift to them when I am pushing up daisy's as well. I love the picture of your family the kids look great!
I love the pictures! I am sure your book is going to be such a good one that you'll forget about the troubles you went through to get that done! It is worth it! Love ya!
LOVE the pictures. . . and, just so you know, I've found your long lost twin. Go HERE.
http://www.etsy.com/listing/65874421/shirred-top-with-delicate-cowl-neckline
You won't be disappointed. I had to take a double. . no, triple take. Maybe it IS you.
me, too! i'm trying to do the book-to-blog thing as well, but i'm not gonna lie. it's overwhelming the beegies out of me. help!!!
p.s. you are oozing gorgessity in these photos. LOVE them.
these pics are super cute and beautiful. love them!
i've been trying to do the blog to book thingy too with blog2print and have had the worst time getting it to work. what program are you using?
Post a Comment