Fatigue...such a fancy way of saying "tired." It implies a chronic disposition, which suites my state of mind perfectly.
Fatigue
Also has the word "fat" in it...a state I embrace as well. Butter, heavy cream, chocolate, pizza...the list is endless. I did enter a mild form of depression when I noted that a majority of my daily diet was on Lindsey's list of foods to help you gain weight provided by her dietitian at St. Jude.
Whatever.
The point is I'm fatigued.My little boy fatigues me.
If something isn't crashing down and our home is in a rare state of peace and quiet... it's probably because he's squeezed a tube of toothpaste onto the bathroom counter and is proceeding to finger paint the mirror. The mirror, which crashed to the grounds as I typed this post.
Caught, red handed. Crest sparkling bubble flavored body paint. And right after a bath.
That's coming out of your Christmas present budget boy.
A budget which is now at minus $347.63 after a fit a few weeks ago resulted in staples to the back of the head.
To add to the ever growing state of fatigue...boys are gross. Having worked at St Jude in their sterile, immunosupressed environment, I was trained to change diapers with gloves on. Shannon's a clean child. Adam, another story. 
why do these pics never get old?
A dirty story.
I would like to think I've mellowed a bit, but that's up for debate. But, in essence that is why we have child, right. To push us. To help us become people we never thought we could be. In my case, someone who can accept nastiness, messiness, and generalized chaos...as long as itcomes in a cute package.
Case in point. These jammies.
Thankfully the Holy Ghost whispered to me in Gymboree 13 months ago..."buy every size"; resulting in Adam's 3 pairs of "scary bones" skeleton pj's that he lives in day in and day out. Shamelessly we picked Shannon up from art club with Adam in his pj's and a swiffer duster in hand aka his sword. It's a tug of war every morning to get him dressed and his precious pj's in the washer. His list of "essential items" to be able to go to bed is growing at warps speed and I can barely keep up with his OCD.
Aside from his hygiene, there's my house. Words cannot express the joy I feel when my house is clean.
It's nirvana.
The Lord also knows this, and this is why he sent me Adam. All I did was attempt to change clothes after church. Attempt to keep one outfit clean and clear from his grubby paws. My 3 minutes of alone time were punished...
Didn't change fast enough...the starving boy had to fend for himself. Mama's never been quick enough. Reminds me of when he started eating rice cereal as in infant. He required 2 spoons...one to shovel the paste into his mouth while the other scooped up more glop.
When told to clean it up, it went more like this... some for you...
This post was created partially to post disgusting pics of my boy that reveal his true nature.
Partially to vent my mounting frustrations at raising a male.
But mostly the pics.

9 comments:
Do you know how much I am dying over here as I read this! I am in love with this boy. Such a character that wasn't fully expressed when you were with us this summer. Love the Adam's chow, toothpaste, nose pickin..um don't really love the snot bubbly, toast, or toilet..gag me. I hope he got a bath right away and you carry hand sanitizer all the time! Can't wait to see yall!!
I love that you are documenting all of this. These stories are going to be priceless in a few years. Totally hilarious!
I know that all of this is disgusting to you, but I am smiling and missing this precious boy who used to run back to sit with us in church. He would make us feel so special as he shoved handfuls of fruit snack in his mouth! This post just makes me miss him and your entire family! Hopefully we will get to see you guys soon!
y'know, I love you. It's almost like we're raising the same gross boy. boys. ugh.
I love that you take pictures first, and then clean up, that is my philosophy too!! I am sorry he is a mischievous little boy, but he will be a great man I am sure of that. Just look at his parents there is greatness there.
I love your post!!! Thanks for the pictures, I love them! I miss Adam in the nursery:(
Hope to see you soon! Love ya!
I am amazed at how alike we can be sometimes Melissa! I LOVE a clean house. I should say, an un-clean house stresses me out. LOL.. Becasue you know how easy it is to keep a house clean with little ones, right?? So I agree. I think the Lord really gives us kids so we can work on our own weaknesses :) Hang in there. Whenever Camilla does something that truly makes me upset, I try to remember the good times. It helps a bit :) Love ya!
Boys are so different from girls, I'm finding out:) I'm glad I had the boys first because then you don't know any different. Just remember boys ALWAYS love their mommys.
aren't boys sick? but honestly, i would take the sick over the sassafras m's got going on here. she is making me insane.
Post a Comment