Friday, September 10, 2010

Poser

** I would like to preface this post by stating that WE DON'T HAVE CABLE.
Some where along the way Shannon became a poser.
During a psychoanalysis of the situation, I sorted through her pictorial past to realize that
1) as a 1st child/grandchild she was photographed incessantly...which lead to
2)a withdrawal/complete meltdown when an attempt was made to take a pic of her beginning around age 2...however when
3)baby #2 was born and people had the nerve to take pictures of someone other than herself, she started sitting in front of Adam in an attempt to be photographed which.... has lead to the present day where
4) the chick walks around posing for cameras that aren't there.
No one informed me that Tyra Banks was holding an open casting call for America's Next Top Model in my living room?This is a nature, not nurture event.

Speaking of Miss Sassafras, she started kindergarten this month. Big pat on the back to her parents who spent countless hours researching the Iowa Schools Systems. We rock! Yes, I need daily affirmations.To shake things up a bit (meaning her parents nerves) after a few days Shannon insisted on riding the bus. A few more hours of Mommy research declared it was OK to attempt, and mercifully, it has been a success. No more waking grumpy pants/2 yr old Adam up from his afternoon slumber. Mutually beneficial...gotta love multitasking.

7 comments:

Tina said...

Oh man!! She is too cute. I love all the posing!

noelle said...

wait, wait, wait... have we forgotten how the apple doesn't fall far from the tree??? let's go back to our pics from mexico, shall we... hahahaha. i love it so much.

Unknown said...

She IS a natural at the posing. We can see that. ;) And WHAT!?!? Kindergarten!! NO WAY!! She will forever be a pre-schooler in my mind. ALWAYS Darn it!

Sepp said...

how can this be? Shannon is already in kindergarten? I hope she is loving it, I can only imagine the stories she tells. I love the shots of her. How are you guys liking Iowa? I still find it hard to believe you are living so far north.

Awesomest Andersons said...

I'm pretty sure I've seen those same moves from Steve. 1st school day pic sooo cute. What do you do with just one now?

Araksya Kennard said...

I love Shannon's poses!!! And it's so funny to see Adam next to her doing his own things without noticing anyone!

Kayleen said...

Wow. . . that really is some serious posing! and. . . bacon scented candles. . . ew.