Monday, May 24, 2010

Just what I needed

No, I'm not dead. Just mentally. The last few weeks have been bananas and I'll slowly update you post by post. But for now, a short list will have to do for ya.

Visited my new state of Iowa - check
Found a house - check
Went to the beach - check
Packed and cleaned every inch of Birmingham - check
Said goodbye to my husband for 6 plus weeks - check
Took a nap in Chattanooga - check
There, you now know that the past few weeks were in fact...bananas.

But in the midst of all the bananas, I had a few moments of rejuvenation, one being a going away girls get together which proved to be just what I need to keep me going and remind me that you never really say goodbye to true friends.

Heaven is a crepe made by Chelsea...my PIC...partner in culinary.
1st take a moment to appreciate the sheer talent.Second...attack!3rd Savor.Yes, they were that good.

And after you've filled your belly's with french goodness, take a few hours to laugh 'til you cry with the finest ladies Alabama has to offer. Sweet Home Alabama!

6 comments:

The Hall's said...

Glad you found a place...I heard it was stressful. Hope you found a place you didn't have to compromise on too much.

Love ya!

Laura Lyden said...

You forgot one of the bigger checks- husband done with school!!!! I missed your kids at church on Sunday- it may take me a while to remember how to pay attention again! I am glad that you are all safe in Chattanooga, and I hope you get to relax and enjoy your time there!

Angie said...

You'll be fine!! Your a great friend and we still stay in touch.

Awesomest Andersons said...

OOOh, I miss you already :( We should have done this a lot more often, we'll let you know about the next get together in case you can come . . . I promise more good food.

Sarah (and a few others) said...

I just love Alabama! I'm up in huntsville but I never wane to leave either!

Araksya Kennard said...

I agree with Chelsea. We need to plan something really fun so you can come and visit us!!