It's a well known fact that I've always coveted blue eyes. I annually asked for blue contacts for Christmas, but never received them. After Melanie purchased some a few year ago and I was unable to look her in the eye because she looked like someone out of Twilight, I was grateful I had never wasted money wasted on them.
My youngest sister, Lindsey, has blue eyes so I know there's a recessive gene somewhere in there. I vowed to marry a blue eyed boy to increase my children's chances of possessing this heavenly trait and thus allowing me to live vicariously through them. According to those pea charts we made in biology in the 9th grade, 2 out of 4 of my children should have blue eyes if I in fact have a recessive gene. Shannon had blue eyes...until she was two. Got my hopes up, then crushed them. When Adam was born, my expectations were high. Someone must have heard my rantings about being strung along with Shannon resulting in Adams eye's having turned very brown recently. I openly blame Steve for not stepping up and taking charge, but secretly I know it's my domineering nature that has resulted in 2 brown eye kids. Better luck next time (this is not an announcement by any means.)


12 comments:
You are so funny! Brown eyes are beautiful also, don't give up though, there maybe a blue eyed baby in your future!
haha... love blue eyes, and yet... there's something engaging about those deep chocolate browns. your babies have some of the most beautimous brown eyes around.
jarom would be deeply concerned if our kids didn't have blue eyes.
Melissa, he is sooo cute! My dad has blue eyes but me, wendy, and my mom have brown. Chad's eyes are blue/green, so I'm hoping maybe one of my kids will have colored eyes....although, brown eyes sure are beautiful! Hey - I tagged you in a blog I posted. Check it out. www.chadandjenndueker.blogspot.com.
Sorry that his eyes went to brown...my prediction: Your last child will have blue eyes, just like I was the last child with blue eyes. I know you'll get them sometime. But like I've always said, don't worry, I'll give you my eyes one day.
He is adorable, brown eyes and all. Good luck on the blue eyed child, though.
That's so funny! Seriously, those pea charts owe you. Modern genetics should be infallible. I can't believe it took those eyes so long to turn brown.
John swore that if we got a baby that was anything other than blue-eyed, he would make the baby wear contacts. He's a little elitist when it comes to eye color. Thank goodness Charlie got his aquamarine eyes . . .
Aww brown eyes are sweet! I was the opposite, I wanted a brown eyed baby! Megyn has hazel, James has bright blue and I was hoping Mark would have brown. They were blue/green for a long time, but finally turned. Abby has this odd color that I can't quite decide what to call yet. Just hold out and keep having babies, you'll get a blue eyed one eventually ;)
Yes, those blue contacts were a waste! I don't think it's possible to get natural looking blue eyes with dark eyes like ours. Plus, I couldn't see out of them very well! But hey, I did get some compliments!
How funny! You know, Camilla's eyes were blue when she was born. They changed to a light brown when she was six months old or so... we didnt have a chance though. My eyes are as dark brown as they can get! I didn't know Lindsay had blue eyes! At least you have some hope of blue eyes... we have NONE :) Take care!
He's so cute, and I love the doo. I like brown eyes, but that's probably because my family all has green eyes.
Post a Comment