Since when do I have a 1st grader?
Since August, that's when.
I dragged her kicking and screaming out of summer.
She was ready to drop out of school all together. Get a dog and an apartment in Chattanooga.
She claims to want to be a vet, yet they "make you work" in 1st grade, so education had lost all appeal.
But...she was blessed to be kept in the dark as to the hours and hours of phone calls and buckets and buckets of tears that were shed on her behalf to get her back into her top rated school. Let's just say this past year hasn't been a picnic for Steve and me. I'll leave it at that. Still in the thick of things and the term "exhausted" doesn't scratch the surface of what is going on. One day we'll look back and laugh.
One day.
But not anytime soon.
Or the distant future.
You get the point.
But the point I was attempting to make was, and I'm getting to it...was that every time I pass the Ghettoville Elementary School that Shannon is zoned for, I say a prayer of thanksgiving that I'm not homeschooling Shannon to keep her out of that building.
That's all.
1st day of school
This pic makes me cringe. But, when you're little lady takes 30 minutes to eat a bowl of cereal because she's still on "summer time"/slow as molasses mode, you get what you get and you don't throw a fit.
And because little miss was as slow as molasses...and because I was experiencing this new schedule for the first time as well...little Adam was left to wander around in his pj's. But, not to be left out of the festivities, he jumped into most pics and demanded a few individual shots of himself as well.
...on a side note
Dear Adam,
I miss your long hair. I'm sorry I buzzed it. I promise to never do it again even if that means that mommy is no longer your hair stylist and I have to, heaven forbid, PAY for a haircut. I have repented and changed my wicked ways. You will be looking better in a few months, just in time for your noggin to be covered with hair for winter. Your "winter coat" per say.
Love,
Melissa

3 comments:
They grow up way too fast don't they! I've heard similar laments about schools there from my sis-in-law. Glad all of your hard work and prayer paid off to get Shannon in a good school.
Look at you go on the blogging business! Shanny is just growing up! Oh and my boy still looks handsome as ever! Miss those kids, but I am sure I will see them soon!
Good job getting your girl into a good school!
Adam in his pj's? no big deal. Josh likes to wait at the bus stop with Hannah and Sam. On a good day he has his pj's on. On a bad day it's just his diaper...
Post a Comment